Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was thinkin of flakin the SHIT outta my tank and fender... tehn having a friend stripe them up nice, maybe some lettering, not sure...

my only problem is i dig how it is now, i like the look (but hate it cause its over done), and my motor and all need to be cleaned up better before paint will look right i feel....

anyways, what do ya think? paint the fucker up or keep as is?

ps- 21" spool should be here in a week or so

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I flaked and candied my bsa, turned out really nice. I hate it! I think I am going to switch to another tank and fender. Materials are expensive, its alot of work, and you have to worry about it gettin beat up. I'd say leave it alone.

·
Registered
436 Posts
51rat said:
so i was thinkin of flakin the SHIT outta my tank and fender... tehn having a friend stripe them up nice, maybe some lettering, not sure...

my only problem is i dig how it is now, i like the look (but hate it cause its over done), and my motor and all need to be cleaned up better before paint will look right i feel....

anyways, what do ya think? paint the fucker up or keep as is?

ps- 21" spool should be here in a week or so
and flaking and striping is not overdone?!

if you like the look now, go with your gut, don't worry about what everyone else is doing, what's overdone, etc. if you ARE still looking for opinions though, it looks perfect it as-is. but don't listen to me...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im fightin it both ways..... this sucks, LOL...

friend is ready to spray it, and zack would too im sure...

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
o i know that for sure, but flake is a weakness of mine, so i would go for it, and have a friend stripe and letter it to heck

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'd say go for the paint. If you have a hook up you could always touch it up when your riding season is over. I think no paint is cool for the shakedown run, but the ultimate goal should be to paint it. Painted metal will last much longer and bare metal isn't really less maintenance. Nice lookin bike btw, I think a nice flake and stripe job will really set it off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.