Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... i bead blasted my heads yesterday to take 30 years of carbon build off and see if there were any cracks. My front head was ok just some stripped pan cover screw holes. The rear head on the other hand has a nice chunk missing out of the lip on the port side of the intake valve seat. Can this be fixed or am i better of just getting another head. I mean i know it could be welded back up but right on the seat like that ide wonder if it would fuck it up to start welding on it. Can it be done? Sorry about the shitty pictures but its hard to get a shot in there.

And then theres the cam cover......Its got a crack in the worst possible place from the looks of it. The crack goes right through the cam bushing hole all the way through to the outside. Ide think this was a semi easy fix with TIG . The question again is would you try to fix it or get another one... Wouldnt ask but im trying to have it running legally or not by august and little things like this are getting in the way.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It is said that between Messrs. Weyland and Buck, anything that can be made right shall be made right. Tough to beat the two great perveyors of quality . . .

BarryW

Weyland said:
I think my email's been hokey of late.
Can you try emailing me again and send some better pics?

Pretty sure I can fix that.

Best,

Weyland

1 - 7 of 7 Posts