Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a motor for my Triumph project, and have been having a hell of a time trying to find one for a reaonable price. I'm now thinking that I might as well get myself a set of cases and start there. Seems like every individual piece is available... I guess I'm just looking for some thoughts here... I'm a novice builder and ideally would like to start with a complete piece. I do have complete and running TR6C that I could use for reference. A few bux over a long period is a little easier to swallow than a big nut up front. Any advice on building from scratch as opposed to rebuilding a mostly complete unit?

Thanks!
-B

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Wes at Four Aces Cycle (fouraceswes) and here on the board will have some good advice for you. He knows what things are going for now and can even do the work for you if you need a rebuild or anthing else related. www.fouracescycle.com
sideshow01 said:
I need a motor for my Triumph project, and have been having a hell of a time trying to find one for a reaonable price. I'm now thinking that I might as well get myself a set of cases and start there. Seems like every individual piece is available... I guess I'm just looking for some thoughts here... I'm a novice builder and ideally would like to start with a complete piece. I do have complete and running TR6C that I could use for reference. A few bux over a long period is a little easier to swallow than a big nut up front. Any advice on building from scratch as opposed to rebuilding a mostly complete unit?

Thanks!
-B

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I would start with a complete motor. I have one that was almost complete, but was missing a couple of small items. I had to get some rocker boxes, found them on eBay a few weeks ago, spent more than what I wanted for them, and I still haven't received them. I think that fucker that I bought from screwed me. If your out there reading this, send my shit NOW!!!! I'm sure that most of the guys would tell you to get a complete one. It just depends on what you want to get out of your motor.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Definitely buy as complete a motor as you can find, then rebuild it.

You will get nickel and dimed to death putting together one just from a set of cases unless you have parts motors sitting around to rob stuff from.

Way cheaper and faster to get one complete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts