Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need some low buck tires , im new as this is my first project. its a 1974 honda cb450. the tire sive as i have seen on the specs are 18in rims with a front width of 3.25" and a rear width of 3.50". can someone direct ,me to some low buck tires im looking for under 100 for the two. i have no problem with used tires .

-dylan

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
low buck = chen shing / continental, people say bad things, people say good things, i rode on a set for a while, seemed fine, wear out a lil faster, but you wanna get on the road right?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
shit if you have no problem with used try to find some avons... should be able to for $100, talk to a cycle shop near you and ask what tehy got used but still good!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya , i was thinking that , i just wanna get it on the road , im picking it up on saturday , and i want to get all the parts i need.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I rode the piss out of my w650 with Cheng Shin Barracuda's and didn't have any problems what so ever. They rode way better then my OEM Bridgestones. And they didn't wear out fast either. We're talking canyon runs with guys and ducati's and scrapin pegs. I say they're good tires for the money. Of course you can't go wrong with Avon's. I think dunlops are so so. I really miss my Michelin Pilot Powers, though. The only reason I would ever run a slightly fat tire would be to run those tires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one question , on the net i cant seem to find the sizes i need , all i found was rear and front , can someone help me with that.

-dylan

·
Registered
967 Posts
I just took a look around and can't find your tire sizes anywhere. Probably the closest you'll get is 100/90 18 front and rear. I think anything else will be odd. This will end up being the same size front and rear, but what the hell. Do get FRONT and REAR, however.

Give www.tiresunlimited.com a try. They have Cheng Shins for $35.00 a piece.

Tire size conversion chart:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-tires/tire-data.htm

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the tire chart just confused me more , as it makes no sence with the tire here
tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/Cheng%20Shin/cheng_standard.htm

can you help me out with this , sorry to be a nit on yer ass

-dylan

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
seriously, go to a honda shop. mine were the same way on my CL360 18's front and back. got a SET front and back for 75$

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'll try to explain the chart as simply as possible without causing more confusion.

Your original tires were bias ply and measured in inches. Therefore, you find the inch measurement in the righthand column. 3.25 and 3.50 both convert to 100/90 in metric measurements (radial tire). Since you have 18" rims, the metric tire size you are looking for would be 100/90 18. If you were to go with a 110/90 18 rear tire, it would be a little too big - look at the chart on the right. 110/90 equates to a 4.00/4.75 rear tire. That's a lot bigger than the 3.50.

I hope I didn't confuse you even more. Oh yeah, ignore the center "alpha" column.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts