Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like the title says i walked into my local tire shop today to check on a set of tires for my pickup and was cruising around the store looking at the tires and trying to find the right size for my truck when i happened to look down and seen what looked like a speedmaster sticking out from beside a set of tires. Well Sure enough i grabbed the tire only to find it was still mounted on a wheel. Whats really cool is its a 17 inch mini drum wheel 140x17 marked on the lip of the wheel and the name Takasa. So i asked what he wanted for it and he told me to take it! So needless to say i took it! I will have to get a picture of it so i can upload it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's for sure I am already gonna give it to a good friend of mine that may be able to use it. He's a good guy and builds bikes in lombard il. So hopefully my luck keeps running in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Years ago, a lot of 17" rims were run up front with extended springers and girders. I never cared for the handling characteristics with those little wheels, but that was a "cool" setup at the time. A lot of guys ran extended front ends on un-raked frames and that was one way of running a longer front end with out having the front half of the bike waaaay high.

Regards,
Geo.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I knew I had seen them ran somewhere but wasn't sure what the signifigance of them.Sounds like I made a pretty good score then!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.