Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a double white on the back of my bike that tends to get tie died with oil after I do my chain. I was snooping around the garage a decided to use some "Goo Gone" the spray version. It brought the tire back to looking new and the white was bright again. I managed to get some of the spray on the rims and it also clean up the chrome too! Long story short....... I ended up doing the front tire,rim & most of the unpainted parts on the whole bike, turned out awesome!

The nice part is it leaves the Tires tacky not slick. I think it actually softened the rubber.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
good tip. here's another for the blackwall crowd. to get the brown oxidation off the sidewalls, i use a neat product called 'Black Out', it's specifically made for black coatings on motors and plastic parts, etc., but i've found it works great on tires - and no Armorall slippery goo!

you can order some online if your local shop ain't stockin' it. http://www.cleancycle.com/ it's located under 'chemicals'

just sayin'

·
4,052 Posts
Westley's Bleche-Wite. Careful near the wheels!

·
Registered
376 Posts
The best thing I have found is Surf City "Dash Away" best tire cleaner (and white wall) hands down, it's amazing stuff really. It cleans, doesn't put a gloss or a shine or none of that. You can clean your tire with anything and I guarantee that this will still lift dirt again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I really like the Mr Clean magic eraser sponges and water. I cut them into 3rds. Nothing compares for price ease and causes no damage. Not to mention the other hundred uses for around the house cleaning. You find them in every grocery store, have the Wife pick some up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.