Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
In what way you mean problems? I recall i had to re-locate the bush containing the needle bearing outwards by 5 mm or some , perhaps that was specific to my set up but that was the only fitment isseu i had.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I worked in the shops when these first showed up. And of-course there were good ones and cheap ass knock offs. The good ones had extra reinforcement in the starter shaft bearing location, inspection cover hole and around mounting flange. The bad ones ripped the bearing out of the cover, had chrome problems, oil leaks and vacuum leaks (The stock oiling system oiled the primary chain thru the vent line and returned the oil with the return side of the oil pump. A leak would prevent return and the primary would flood.)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The tin primary in and out is cut up to do this with some kits - tin o primary is a hard tail or 58 / 64 type have pictures and cycle tech in Phily make a Indian Larry starter that mount under the tins but you need the belt drive they sell all become money top picture

the ww kit on Germany is the best one available in the world but not cheap - mike in calif - on the site can get it for you if your in the states bottom pictures
Circuit component Machine tool Electronic engineering Engineering Computer hardware
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Circuit component Machine tool Electronic engineering Engineering Computer hardware
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle brake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts