Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up that paughco conversion inner adapter so i could run a tin outer and get rid of the ugly kickstart hump but im just not seein how this is gonna work...

according to their site "For the 'Old School' look on 1970-early 1984 engines
when no electric start is used. Some spacing may be
required between motor and inner primary. Takes the
place of aluminum inner primary. For rigid frame use,
but may also be used on swingarm"
really not seeing how this can be used on a swingarm at all...

this is how much room i have to move my tranny back to line it up (engine cant go forward)

even if i could get these to line up how do i seal that huge ass hole for the trans? im running the chain primary so i need it to be sealed...

ideas?

·
Administrator
7,805 Posts
Not according to paughco...but i agree with u, this is not something that merely. "Requires some spacing" lol
I don't think paughco always gives all the information, at least they didn't with an exhaust I bought from them, it was definately not as advertised.

G

·
so i picked up that paughco conversion inner adapter so i could run a tin outer and get rid of the ugly kickstart hump but im just not seein how this is gonna work...

according to their site "For the 'Old School' look on 1970-early 1984 engines
when no electric start is used. Some spacing may be
required between motor and inner primary. Takes the
place of aluminum inner primary. For rigid frame use,
but may also be used on swingarm"
really not seeing how this can be used on a swingarm at all...

1) this is how much room i have to move my tranny back to line it up (engine cant go forward)

Need the trans plate that has built in adjustable screws...

2) even if i could get these to line up how do i seal that huge ass hole for the trans? im running the chain primary so i need it to be sealed...

You don't seal the hole...The need will be for you to be the chain oiler...
On the 64 and back that did run this type of tin pri.. there was a deflector that went onto the sprocket...It filled most of the hole...What oil that the chain saw, the primary chain oiler was a total loss...

Be best to run a belt with the Tin Cover on the 70 and up models

ideas?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
89 Posts
You need to run a belt or you will have a total oil lose system like the early models, and a main shaft support. I ran that on my 77 FX If I remenber right you need to remove the 4 studs and replace them with bolt for the support. The inner tin will bolt to your horse shoe oil tank (if your not running one you will have to or make some brackets)and a 1 inch frame clamp at the bottom. The main shaft will not be centered in the hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts