Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed the Timken races and bearings on the BSA. Everything fit pretty good only thing is that the races stick out above the cups about 3/32nds. Now all I had to do in order to mate the HD front-end to the BSA was put a shim in between the top bearing and the top tree that was it.

These are the Timken tapered roller bearing and race part #'s:
1730 and 1780.

·
Registered
936 Posts
baytowngreaser said:
I installed the Timken races and bearings on the BSA. Everything fit pretty good only thing is that the races stick out above the cups about 3/32nds. Now all I had to do in order to mate the HD front-end to the BSA was put a shim in between the top bearing and the top tree that was it.

These are the Timken tapered roller bearing and race part #'s:
1730 and 1780.

If you don't mind my asking, did you order them straight from Timken, or did you find another source? The reason I ask is I need to get a set or two. And the guy I used to get them as a source (at a lower price the Timken itself) is no longer around. Kind of looking for a cheaper source (I know there are some outthere, just having a hardtime finding them). If I have to I'll order them from Timken, but I know that don't have the cheapest price on their own stuff.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ol_scratch said:
If you don't mind my asking, did you order them straight from Timken, or did you find another source? The reason I ask is I need to get a set or two. And the guy I used to get them as a source (at a lower price the Timken itself) is no longer around. Kind of looking for a cheaper source (I know there are some outthere, just having a hardtime finding them). If I have to I'll order them from Timken, but I know that don't have the cheapest price on their own stuff.
I ordered the bearings from motion industries. I'll see if I can't find their web address.

-Eddie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts