Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the degrees on a timing wheel will stay the same regardless of size of the wheel, is there any certain diameter of degree wheel that would be really convenient for a unit Triumph? I was thinking of taking this image I have of a degree wheel and sizing to fit on a self adhesive cd label, then sticking it to the useless clear disk thing that comes with stacks of cd-r's.
Would this idea work out alright?
Thanks,
Johnny

·
Registered
967 Posts
One problem I can think of is that the smaller the wheel, the closer together the degree marks. It might just be harder to read.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Since the degrees on a timing wheel will stay the same regardless of size of the wheel, is there any certain diameter of degree wheel that would be really convenient for a unit Triumph? I was thinking of taking this image I have of a degree wheel and sizing to fit on a self adhesive cd label, then sticking it to the useless clear disk thing that comes with stacks of cd-r's.
Would this idea work out alright?
Thanks,
Johnny
it works perfect i have about 6 diff ones ive made for diff makes of motors! 360 no matter what size is 360! il post some pics later...

and like knucklebuster said:

One problem I can think of is that the smaller the wheel, the closer together the degree marks. It might just be harder to read.

the ones i made are a little harder to read! later thomas

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah...360=360=360

Fortunately 200x1.8=360 too. My first degree wheel was/is an old Bridgeport degreed leadscrew handcrank that I picked up for free as a spare. Every 5 marks is 9 degrees. I should probably have it bronzed like a pair of baby shoes, cuz no one could ever use it but me, lol.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I use a printable one for all kinds of stuff. . . tacking to lathe chuck face, timing various engines, rotary table use, etc.

Here's one I got from Tavia's website (free there too):

http://www.jasonmcelroy.com/temp/free_degree_wheel.jpg

Size to whatever you need at the moment, print, cut out, stick to whatever you need with a little Super 77 spray tack.

jason

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Dragon,
That's the one I'm using. Only problem is I can't get it centered exactly on the cd label.......other than that, easy to read and cheap!
By the way, what should I use to attach it to the engine? Looking for bolt/thread sizes if anybody knows off hand.....
Thanks!
Johnny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts