Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since we both work up by the Pentagon / North Arlington my friend Tom and I have started a tradition of going to Mexicali Blues every Tuesday. And as long as our bikes are running making it a point to take them there.

Its a pretty upscale section of Arlington, VA.

Bungalows (read fucking cracker box) were hastily put up in order to house people during the construction of the Pentagon. Those go for like $600k+. Anything with enough elbow room in it to turn around without jabbin somebody in the ribs is like $1.5-3mil.

All the more reason for nasty bikes to be roaring through the streets and setting up shop at MBs.

Real Mexican food. 2 for 1 appetizers on Tuesdays. College girls, and chicks that drive Jags.

It was 97 degrees with a nice 60% humidity, so not so much sidewalk action was going on. But in spring and when its cool enough during the summer that sidewalk is packed.

Our friend Ed's Buell chop was not actin right so he rocked Tom's KTM and then proceeded to get a ticket for a blown out headlight as we rolled through DC and Georgetown. We thought it might be for the long ass wheelie he did across the Key Bridge....but thankfully they didnt see that.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm praying that the guy with the Crate and Barrel shopping bag is not one of you guys.

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigDdy31 said:
I'm praying that the guy with the Crate and Barrel shopping bag is not one of you guys.
he rides on the back of the peterbilt....

but seriously folks, just some guy that came up and wanted to look at the bikes.

who was it that said something about bringing a bungee cord along? you never know when you're going to find a bargain at crate and barrel and you're on the bike!

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
That looks like a good time .
cool bikes , a couple buddies and a town full of squares to terrorize :)
just like in the movies !
seriously though , that has all the makings of a
good day on some fun bikes .

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
that was built by spartan frameworks. so id go there for more pics of when it was brandy new. http://www.spartanframeworks.com/ (george the owner of that shop is top notch, and a great person to do bidness wif)

my friend tom called me out of the blue one day and said, "i did it....i bought Killed by Death" so next thing you know this bike is pounding down DC streets dodging cabs and potholes.

i do have some pics of toms new oil lines. tom has put alot of miles on this bike in the past few months and he was having some trouble keeping the compression fittings from leaking on the lines that go from the cases up to the rockers.

he went to the hardware store bought a bender, line (larger ID this time) and some fittings and did his own yesteday afternoon. here is a pic of his work.

BrianPettit said:
Anymore pics of the skinny springer?

Brian

·
Registered
421 Posts
todd said:
he rides on the back of the peterbilt....

who was it that said something about bringing a bungee cord along? you never know when you're going to find a bargain at crate and barrel and you're on the bike!
LOL! Yeah, but I had in mind the little bags I get from Victoria's Secret. I can just bungee them on the clubmans. :eek: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts