Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't have the exact measurment but can tell you that with my 66 TR6 I had to put the filter on before I bolted the carb/intake on. The filter the mik comes with sits right up against the down tube. Coudn't see using another filter unless you can find a real skinny one. Works great though.
TTS

scootermcrad said:
I need your help. What is the distance between the end of the carb body and the frame downtube when the carb is mounted up without the filter on.

Thanks!
Scooter

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HappyCrappy67 said:
Don't have the exact measurment but can tell you that with my 66 TR6 I had to put the filter on before I bolted the carb/intake on. The filter the mik comes with sits right up against the down tube. Coudn't see using another filter unless you can find a real skinny one. Works great though.
TTS
Is it one of those pancake filters?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are Mik conversion kits available for most Brit bikes including your BSA. You shouldn't have a problem making the conversion... HOWEVER, I'm not a BSA guy either.
sojerscraper said:
sorry to go on a tangent but i have a single carb head & the amal thats on it is beat. ive worked on an old BSA that had two mik's & seemed to run well. i guess this is a common swap? do you need to modify the carb body at all to work on the stock manifold? which one are you guys running? thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine is the filter that comes with the kit. About one inch tall. I can't see it being hard to fab a conversion if you just had a carb but the kit was a simple 10 minute swap. I loved the looks of my monoblock but the Mik is simple to tune and works great.

TTS

scootermcrad said:
There are Mik conversion kits available for most Brit bikes including your BSA. You shouldn't have a problem making the conversion... HOWEVER, I'm not a BSA guy either.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Fortunately the old Mikunis are easier to tune than the new. The ones on my 96 Trump are a pain in the ass. I can see why they went with Keihn later on.

If you can't get the filter to work, make your own. Its not hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts