Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Drag day for the Jalopy Showdown is Sunday. But if it wraps up early enough I'm heading down. Its only about an hour away. I'll be riding a yellow Ducati 750 SS. There's not really many around, I've come to find, so if you see one its very possibly me.

·
Registered
936 Posts
caffeine said:
its about 4 hours away for me..im really looking for stuff though, pre-unit basket case, and triumph various motor bits, vintage triumph speed parts, cams, etc.

is it worth it? if i offer someone 20 on a 25$ part is he going to bawk about how he can get 30 on ebay?
I have yet to go to this particular event. But its probably like the Triumph Come Home, and The Antique Motorcycle swap at Jefferson, as i understand (which is why I would like to go). Which are really not the Ebay bawkers. Real swap meet, with real swap meeters.

If you need parts Rob - Triumph Come Home rally is in a few weeks. I go every year, definitely worth checking out (and they have camping). If you can't make it, let me know what your're looking for, and I'll scrounge for ya.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This event replaced the old British Bike Day in Olney, MD. That swap used to be incredible back in the '80s. People would drag shit out from way deep in the garage. Wasn't unusaul to see folks come from several states away; even saw Canadians.

The new deal isn't too bad, but most of the vendors are now in the bike biz, and it's more of a regional event.

I plan to hit this one too:

www.triumphcomehome.com

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the attendance was down this year. Even fewer private vendors than last year. But there were some treasures to be scrounged.

The most Vincents I can remember seeing in one place. Don't think I'll ever own one unless I hit the lottery.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
VA Rebel said:
I thought the attendance was down this year. Even fewer private vendors than last year. But there were some treasures to be scrounged.

The most Vincents I can remember seeing in one place. Don't think I'll ever own one unless I hit the lottery.
Yep, that collection of Vincents was great. We rode in with 6 from the VBMC group.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts