Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
tb-

i don't think i've ever seen that one... just the one that's for sale. what other kinds of two wheeled trouble do you have?

simple: lower it (a lot) and fix the seat so it doesn't sit all cocked back like the springs are broken. repaint the rear fender and/or tank so they match better in profile. it's nice looking as a rat so i wouldn't mess with it much.


ed
 

·
Tiny Member
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was my first attempt at putting something together. I make no excuses for it. I'm not an artist. I learn by doing.

Dick Head: I'm building a single downtube, open primary Ironhead w/ hidden oil tank. I don't have any other bikes, just a bunch of car projects.

The shift set-up is standard Jockey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Tony Bones said:
This was my first attempt at putting something together. I make no excuses for it. I'm not an artist. I learn by doing.

The shift set-up is standard Jockey.
Mr. Bones is too modest....Here is his other bike I recently purchased from him.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Tony Bones said:
This was my first attempt at putting something together. I make no excuses for it. I'm not an artist. I learn by doing.
haha, i hear you there. i'm midway through putting my hot rod together and there are already things i'd do differently if i were to do them again. life is a learning experience though, right?

how did the bagging of the wagon go? i haven't been following the hamb too closely lately since this board popped up.

ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Way to go Tony! Is that still Ballard? Try gettin' that thing out about 3 a.m. or so and ride the "loop" from there through fremont, over the bridge and through downtown. Roll into Belltown down 1st or second ave then head towards marginal way. It'll take you right through the middle of all that cool Boeing shit and you'll wind up in Tukwila. Start making your way back, take a right on michigan into georgetown, then take airport way back into the city (try to run the viaduct either way). I used to head back through eastlake past the Z Zoo tavern back into ballard. It's a great way to shakedown a new bike...Get it started at home and make sure you have a full tank. Ride it all the way around the loop and don't shut it off 'til you get home. Make sure you have a friend you can call at 3am with a truck!

Nobody's on the road, the city'll be yours. Cool as fuck...
 

Attachments

·
Tiny Member
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah man, still the land of Lutefisk. Bought a place over on 28th & 74th. I like your shakedown route. I'll try it. How's the baby?

Conder said:
Way to go Tony! Is that still Ballard? Try gettin' that thing out about 3 a.m. or so and ride the "loop" from there through fremont, over the bridge and through downtown. Roll into Belltown down 1st or second ave then head towards marginal way. It'll take you right through the middle of all that cool Boeing shit and you'll wind up in Tukwila. Start making your way back, take a right on michigan into georgetown, then take airport way back into the city (try to run the viaduct either way). I used to head back through eastlake past the Z Zoo tavern back into ballard. It's a great way to shakedown a new bike...Get it started at home and make sure you have a full tank. Ride it all the way around the loop and don't shut it off 'til you get home. Make sure you have a friend you can call at 3am with a truck!

Nobody's on the road, the city'll be yours. Cool as fuck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Tony Bones said:
This is true. Front bags went in last night. Would have finished the rear, but the welder broke. Tomorrow.
it could be worse. at least it's an old car that's frustrating you. i'm stuck working on my house... my wife wanted ceramic tile in the mudroom and i'm a sucker for a project, especially when i have no idea what i'm doing, so i started ripping up the old floor. three layers of linoleum later, i find that the original subfloor is rotted out and the supports are 24" apart which wont fly for tile. the worst part is that three walls were built over this rotted wood and now i have to figure out a way to get the wood out without ruining the walls. joy.

ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
Tony Bones said:
Yeah man, still the land of Lutefisk. Bought a place over on 28th & 74th. I like your shakedown route. I'll try it. How's the baby?
She's great, we got bored a couple days ago and dressed her up as a PIRATE, we even used a toilet paper roll for a peg leg! E-mail me your address would ya? I'm almost out of Moonshine...

p.s. Be sure to carry your paperwork with you when you ride that thing. Up until I left Seattle in '03 the cops up there thought anything that wasn't $$$$ easter egg billet was ridden by baby touchin' methheads. A missing mirror made 'em hooooorrrrNNNYYY!!!!!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top