Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
"Compare this to how you ride".....I must be the biggest puss in the world! mitch

·
Registered
770 Posts
mcotie said:
"Compare this to how you ride".....I must be the biggest puss in the world! mitch
Those guys must have iron ass bones. I used to jump my hardtail three wheeler, like 2 inchs, shit was still one of the stupider things I have done.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tom said:
these were in an older jj thread but the pics are so good they never get old!
Tom...sorry, didnt realize that. They are great though.

I used to think I was a bad ass....21 years old, stationed in Puerto Rico (Navy - Sabana Seca), bought a 54FLE and chopped it. The roads and driving ethics sucked there. The up side is we did what we wanted and nobody cared. There was a bridge near the Base and we could get off the ground where the road sloped upward and the bridge deck began.....but nothing like in these pics.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I must have missed the first JJ thread.

thanks for posting this!
Those pictures are unreal!
I honestly couldn't spend too too much time looking 'cause I'm in work but where were they from?
(I'm sure its posted but I kind of practice guerrila internet)

·
Registered
169 Posts
after looking at those pics, I'm officially changing my name to DoucheBag.

Anytime the weather looks bad here, and i question whether I should ride to work or not. I always remind myself that there were guys in the UK in the 60s riding unfaired twins at 75+mph on slushy, icy winter roads with no helmet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Richie said:
I missed have missed the first JJ thread.

thanks for posting this!
Those pictures are unreal!
I honestly couldn't spend too too much time looking 'cause I'm in work but where were they from?
(I'm sure its posted but I kind of practice guerrila internet)
They are family pictures of Wes Webers Dad and his friends.

http://www.rallytwin.com/

·
Registered
118 Posts
I remember these pics from the older thread, but they're a lot more meaningful with the story included. Very cool.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Gee, I guess I suck....

Awesome pictures, though. Figure guys were riding through shit like that during the war, so why not do it when they got home and weren't being shot at. People have forgotten how fun bikes are supposed to be and instead focus on the status symbol crap.

I still suck, though....

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
the dude said:
Thanks for posting those I have been trying to find that thread on ADVrider for a while now.

the dude
Thanks for the pics, I missed em the first time around. Really awestruck after reading that.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Holy shit.......that's freakish.

I read somewhere that disembodied baby heads in cowboy hats where a huge fad in the early 50's.
They were suppose to be bigger than the poodle skirt but poor marketing and some bad puiblicity brought the "Acme Head in a Bag" company to its knees....

At least....I think that's what I read.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KnuckleBuster said:
Gee, I guess I suck....

Awesome pictures, though. Figure guys were riding through shit like that during the war, so why not do it when they got home and weren't being shot at. People have forgotten how fun bikes are supposed to be and instead focus on the status symbol crap.

I still suck, though....
Good point about the War...and in turn having fun with these bikes. Makes you think. There seems to be more intrest brewing around the country with HotRods and the old style reliability runs, and The Jolopy Showdown get the cars all muddy running around the track. You gotta love the AMCA sponsored runs (get the old stock stuff out for a ride). But, taking it another step further (like these guys did), who would really do it today? I'm almost 50 years old, dont know if that has anything to do with it but I'm not too interested in leaving the ground on my FLH. Crossing a stream or some light trail riding maybe.....shit....I'm a sissy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts