Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a long ass frame with a shitload of rake! You building anything with it? I would lower the downtube and make a digger out of it with crazy leafing and gold plating.

My downtube is getting bent for me by a local street rod place, my ghetto pipe bender was crimping the tubing as I tried to bend it. . .

Danny F. said:
Here's my single downtube...(late 70's Denvers style...)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
That is a long ass frame with a shitload of rake! You building anything with it? I would lower the downtube and make a digger out of it with crazy leafing and gold plating.

My downtube is getting bent for me by a local street rod place, my ghetto pipe bender was crimping the tubing as I tried to bend it. . .
Tha Nutz,I took that picture from that frame about 7 years ago, then it had stock (H-D rigid) length rear section, 4" up downtube and 45° rake..3 years ago I shortened the rear section 1.5" and lifted the rear axle position 1", finally I started the "chopper" project 2 years ago, sat there, and now I got some more spare time again to work on it more..the idea was (and still is!) a slim '75-'79 chopper and the stretch and rake amount was no "coinsidence"...If I had plans for a digger style bike, I would have builded me a digger frame!:D
Here some pics from 2 years ago when I tried some parts on...late shovel has moved now for '66 Early shovel though...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
When I posted on that thread with your bikes the other day saying how much I liked it, I was referring to the bike in your post above--I love the lines on that bike, and the gas tank is cool as hell. What kind of tank is that, anyway?

I'm putting an SU on my shovel too, and I'm using the older, car-style one with the remote float bowl like you are--have you used one before? Buck Burgess is going to make mine bike-ready for me.

Danny F. said:
Tha Nutz,I took that picture from that frame about 7 years ago, then it had stock (H-D rigid) length rear section, 4" up downtube and 45° rake..3 years ago I shortened the rear section 1.5" and lifted the rear axle position 1", finally I started the "chopper" project 2 years ago, sat there, and now I got some more spare time again to work on it more..the idea was (and still is!) a slim '75-'79 chopper and the stretch and rake amount was no "coinsidence"...If I had plans for a digger style bike, I would have builded me a digger frame!:D
Here some pics from 2 years ago when I tried some parts on...late shovel has moved now for '66 Early shovel though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.