Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Allot of vendors have many different profiles of bars for sale.
I have found most don't describe them well enough to make a good decision over the internet.
While looking for parts for my classic kz900 I found a site that has a great selection, with excellent descriptions / specs which helped me get the bars I wanted. Happy.

The site is Z1 Enterprises, I looked under the Kawasaki, big four, body section but they also sell for all the jap bikes which may have different profiles.
Here's a link to the bars:
http://www.z1enterprises.com/catalog.aspx?pid=KZ900-A4-1976-BF0

They are 7/8" and will interchange.
Also, in the same body section, I picked up bar end mirrors that look like the new Thruxtons for $15 each. I like 'em.
Here's what I put together, slightly aggressive, but not uncomfy (for me).

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
You've got the US Spec tall bars Vs the Home markets low bars. I replaced my US spec bars and didn't find the home market set comfortable when combined with the overstuffed seat. I'll post a pic for you when I get home in a couple hours.

I was going to buy another set of the US spec and convert back, maybe we should trade.

Steve

More pictures here:

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb46/GT6Steve/Bonneville/?start=all

·
Registered
251 Posts
These are Norman hyde M style bars I have them on my bike they are pretty low but still comfortable

Ryanm

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had 60s BMw bars on mine. Narrow, slight rise, grip area angled downward. Loved the look and put some serious miles on but started feeling it across the shoulders (my back is shot from 11 yrs of tattooing). I just switched to Biltwell Trackers. Almost the same look, rise etc but no downward angle in the grip area they are more comfortable for me. Biltwell = quality, not that some other options don't, just saying they're a safe bet. If you find something you like but they're too wide, a cheap tubing cutter will knock em down in no time.
I'll post up some pic when I'm on my computer (vs phone).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hunched over with my weight on my arms, butt too high relatively. Feet too far forward so the whole position was awkward. I've read the sport bikes claim that position works at speed because air pressure supports the body. Hmm, I don't know...

Perhaps a compromise such as the M bars pictured above would work better, I'm not flogging around canyons anymore.:)

·
Registered
706 Posts
1/2-mile dirt tracker bars. Look and feel great and give you super control. The stock U.S. Bonnie bars from 65 or so are perfect. I think they have about a 3-inch rise.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the home market bars like GT6Steve has on my bonnie and I really like them. You should definitely go for the trade. If you don't like them you haven't spent anything (except shipping) and can buy a different set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts