Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Another perspective....

Im not a fan of the evo's and have no love for the shovel FXRs, just so hard to make them look good. If it was a FX or FL that would be different as if need be you could use it as a donor for a rigid project or a weld on, the FXR you cant do that, well easily anyways and Im not sure why but the evo FXRs just look better. Having said that the softie you posted would look great with a single seat, apes etc will be worth more in the long term even if it lacks "character" and will most likely need less long term repairs. Sort of bike you can jump on and ride whilst you build up a shovel chop ;) :)

Fuck did I really just suggest someone buy an evo instead of a shovel??? Better go get a drink...

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
FXR's are for ridin', not stylin' down at the coffee shop.
We are all different which is great, a diverse community is a strong community. Neo I hear you and agree to a point and agree buying a bike just to be cool is ridiculous. Its just that in my eyes they look like ass whilst others love them. Great design is a combination of Form and Function - How it looks and and how it goes.

If it was only about how something rode we would all be on big bore jap sports bikes and the like. Having a styling looking bike, even one that looks good at a coffee shop ;) :) ;) :) isnt a crime, especially if I've the owner has a hand in building it. We'd never see another chop built if it was just how things went around corners. Nice lines, curves in the right place, good handling - just like a hot Mrs, yes please. :)

Now I know that badboy (worse name EVER HD) wont ride anywhere near as good as that FXR, but it will ride nice enough unless you want to go slay some canyons and in my view COULD look good with a few subtle changes so if it was me, I'd be all over it prior to buying the FXR the great ride that looks indifferent at best in my eyes. Its how the OP wants to score each bike, whats more important and how much different are the bikes on the form and function axis and how much gap there is between them.

Good luck picking one, if it was me, I'd be waiting and looking for a VERY original FLH. Hard to find these days, STYLING, shovel and going up in value. Once again its just one opinion out of many for the OP :) :) :)

PS if you are set on a shovel FXR that one looks like a good one, looks pretty original.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.