Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Me and my 8 year old daughter have been taken guitar lessons together and she's been doin real well and has been wantin a electric guitar.There is a company called Daisy rock which makes guitars for girls and she fell in love with a pink one and this is all I had been hearin about.Well at 8 years old they were a little spendy for dad so this is what I did.I stopped at the local guitar shop and purchased a decent new strat copy and proceeded to take it a part and do some magic to it.I finished the day before Valentines day and that morning I left it sittin beside here bed on the stand and when she woke up she was speechless.This is the part that makes havin a daddies girl the best.So she is now all the envy of the little girl rockers at guitar lessons.

About the paint its silver base,then silver HOK flake mixed my own pepto pink candie and sprayed over the flake.Then did the graphics and aplied numerous coats of clear wet sanded and buffed.At the rate I am going hell I might just flake the dog's house....BAHAHAHA

Pics could be better but the light in the room is crap.
Shoe

·
Registered
117 Posts
You freakin' rock!!!I just had my first kid about 6 months ago and can't wait to do shit like this for him.You're probably the only guy I wouldn't make fun of with a "worlds best dad" medal.

Jimmy D

·
Registered
377 Posts
That is awesome. We got our 4 year old a full size drum kit for christmas, it's rad. He can keep a beat allready. He will be so much better than me by the time he's 9.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's awsome for you to do that for her, great Daddy!!!

On a much serious subject, how's that Duran Duran tune coming along that you have been learning to play?

Do you got the "Look" down yet?;)

Please Please post pic's:D :D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Awesome.
I've got a helmet that I gotta do for a friend.
If it doesn't come out right I;m holding you personally responsible.
:p
You can never have too much flake....somewhere I have a green metal flaked snare drum head....and its a factory color!

Good work Shoe.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Conder said:
All our kids are going to be some bad little motherfuckers at school!
yeah my 12 year old son is playing drums in a rock band, he and some friends started, and I'm getting him a dirt bike this summer. My 14 year old daughter plays guitar pretty wikkid and wants my 63 F100 when she starts drivin. I just feed em with cool shit so hopefully they'll turn out cool.

nice paint job, Shoe.

mitch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very cool guitar.Music is the best gift you can give a kid.I've collected a pile of instuments,banjos,guitars,keyboards and more, for my boys and I feel it has helped them at school. Most of the gear is vintage stuff so they appreciate the different sound they produce.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts