Jockey Journal Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
"The black rose is going to set the motorcycle world on its ear"
If ya lurk on the horse or post to it we have all seen this before.....

BAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHa:D
Just another OCC theme bike with a pile of different styles rolled into one......

Wheres the fake bullets and wing with working flaps??????????????????

I would rather ride a honda dream than this...........................
Also like how the web site reads as in a third person talking.........

What a waste of good leather now one more stripper is not gonna be able to have a pair of boots.......Damnit:rolleyes:

A good point that needs mentioned though:
Got to admit they got some craftsmanship and the abilty to make some cool shit somebody just needs to make them a road map to success......Instead of a work of art how bout the art of a working motorcycle that can actually be ridin.......

Shoe

·
Registered
257 Posts
It seems Mr Orta likes to quote Marilyn Manson...

This is the new shit.
Stand up and admit.
Do we get it? No.
Do we want it? Yeah.

It's not new shit. It's just shit.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dated a Goth girl for 3 years. Green light bulbs, black fingernails, Sisters of Mercy. She oil painted naked. WILD stuff.

I think she wound up marrying this guy...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
SPOOKY

OK, now I'm over that. Lotsa neat trinkets, but overall a pile of overstimulation. I kinda hate it a lot.

Guess I'll go outside and grind on my work of art, my goddamned Sistine Chapel, my fucking Mona Lisa...

DOH! Meant my shitty Sportster frame.

BTW, goth chicks DO have their place, though. Nothing wrong with a little Vampira, for sure. Think Dita Von Teese.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fatass said:
BTW, goth chicks DO have their place, though. Nothing wrong with a little Vampira, for sure. Think Dita Von Teese.[/font]
True. I had this crazy nightmare once and I told her the next morning. In the dream a monstrous mouth with a huge forked tongue and giant fangs opened up in my neck. It was spitting and cussing, talking all crazy and flailing it's tongue around and grabbing shit with it. She said, "Hmmm okay babe, see ya after work."

I got home that evening, walked into our apartment with The Cure's "Disintegration" blaring on the stereo. All the green lamps were on and she's standing in the middle of the room covered in sweat, bare to the waist.

Behind her was a 4x5 foot painting of me and my nightmare. Flying spittle, lashing tongue, the whole thing...I about shit my pants.

Like George Barris told us once, "This custom stuff is great guys, but girls are better". SO TRUE!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Speaking from the perspective of a want- to- be metal sculptor i can fully apreciate the amount of work and the attention to detail that went into the "Black Rose". As a work of art its pretty cool, as a motorcycle its certainlly something that couldn't realisticly be ridden.Bikes like this need to be called what they are rolling pieces of art not motorcycles. I kind of like the corset on the tank must be the S&M in me. My 2 cents, Gregg

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is it with it with all of you "can't ride it" guys? I don't ride nearly as much as I used to before I started building these things for a living, but when I did (and will again), they were murderous choppers and they were RIDDEN. HARD.

There's ALWAYS some guy at a run or a bar or a gas station that says "it ain't rideable". They look at the magnetos and mutter "it'll never start". They see a motorcycle with the thousands of man hours that made everything perfect and say "This guy needs a life".

JESUS. You all are worse than some Gold Wing guy at a rest stop yacking on and on about how his Honda is cheap and don't leak.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Conder said:
True. I had this crazy nightmare once and I told her the next morning. In the dream a monstrous mouth with a huge forked tongue and giant fangs opened up in my neck. It was spitting and cussing, talking all crazy and flailing it's tongue around and grabbing shit with it. She said, "Hmmm okay babe, see ya after work."

I got home that evening, walked into our apartment with The Cure's "Disintegration" blaring on the stereo. All the green lamps were on and she's standing in the middle of the room covered in sweat, bare to the waist.

Behind her was a 4x5 foot painting of me and my nightmare. Flying spittle, lashing tongue, the whole thing...I about shit my pants.
And you didn't marry her? :eek:

·
Registered
361 Posts
So what does your average customer do with the bikes you build? I'm speaking from ignorance or stupidity in that i don't know the type of bike you build. The examples of the super long custom bikes that i see just seem like the would be unenjoyable to ride. If somebody pays the sort of prices for the modern custom bike it seems that they should be able to get some use out it besides just something to look at. Then again people with that much money probly don't care if the bike is rideable or not. Don't get me wrong i'm not putting down custom bikes but they are not something your are going to commute to work with,take a trip on or run down a canyon road on just for fun. People are taking a simple, fun form of transportation and making it into something unuseable. If its art why not just call it that? Gregg

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I am with ya 100% but I built my shit and I ride my shit. I dont have to have some full length feature on how I am disgruntled with the bike industry.If you are, so be it build your shit and ride it to the bar and thats what will set the bike world on its ear.Gonna make more money off of realistic and useable shit than a corrset covered tank with knee high boot leather pipes.Like I said I appreciate the craftsmanship but if your gonna go and make big claims as far as changin the motorcycle world will I guess ya better be able to back it up.

The black rose is just a newer version of a Finch Or Ness creation as I see it and not a visonaryIamgonnachangethebikeworld bike .Just my opion but i am sure it can be ridden as could a vespa with a busa motor installed on it rideable but not practical.

Tim, I respect you alot and really like all the stuff I have seen ya do,but what kinda comments do ya think a bike like this was gonna generate from a web site where most everybody builds and maintains there own bikes.Bikes which are built out of love and usually on a tight budget.Hell the dudes black rose has more $$$$ in plating than I have in my whole scoot and I can guarentee that there would be just as big a crowd around my little trump as that bike.But thats not what I am about and 90% of the people on here are not either.

Build it or buy it and ride thats what its about.The breeze and Rollin down the road with yourself or buds in tow is what its about.
10/4 good buddies think I will go for a short blast before it turns cold

Shoe

Conder said:
What is it with it with all of you "can't ride it" guys? I don't ride nearly as much as I used to before I started building these things for a living, but when I did (and will again), they were murderous choppers and they were RIDDEN. HARD.

There's ALWAYS some guy at a run or a bar or a gas station that says "it ain't rideable". They look at the magnetos and mutter "it'll never start". They see a motorcycle with the thousands of man hours that made everything perfect and say "This guy needs a life".

JESUS. You all are worse than some Gold Wing guy at a rest stop yacking on and on about how his Honda is cheap and don't leak.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Tim!

How the hell are you?

Your deal with that hub adapter is neat as hell. good for you
even though i hate car wheel on bikes, unless its s a 16" early kelsey wheel...

and

that black rose thing...
perfect example of why i hate the "chopper" industry.

that is a pathetic excuse for a motorcycle.

i hate it

HATE it.

now, i must admit, the story about your goth girlfriend, now that sounds neat.
and

the george barris quote.

exactly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Conder said:
There's ALWAYS some guy at a run or a bar or a gas station that says "it ain't rideable". .
i just saw a thing on tv about Sonny Barger. he said something like " ill never own a bike with a raked out front end, i like to turn."

that'd be ironic if he was the guy at the gas station.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I never said I LIKED this guy or his bike, but it exists. And it ain't STOCK.

That's a good thing.

What exactly happens to you all when you see an unrideable bike actually being ridden? What if a guy takes a crazy, cut down, raked out suicide rigid across the country? Have you ever SEEN it? I have. It's a RARE thing. GOOD.

Everybody misses my point...A few posts back I said everybody copies us (the custom minority) first by mimicking our style, then watering it down and making it "rideable" and "safe" and "reasonable"....A lot of you all thought I was bragging about living in CALIFORNIA??!!

Slow down. Think farther. I HATE the motorcycle industry. I HATE that company after company is using the absolutely pure hardcore chopper style and selling electric start, "rideable" anybody bikes with it.

You motherfuckers act like art's supposed to hang on a wall. Like it's some kind of impotent fluff that has no place in the no bullshit, keep it simple "real" world. The tear drop tank? An ARTIST thought of it. From NINJAS to this "Black Rose" bike, they were nothing before an artist concieved them. I've been in this business for over a decade and calling me an "ARTEEST" is like calling a black man a ******. If the word "ART" is used in this culture it's selling something.

My first chopper was actually inspired by a front engine dragster. I kept it bare metal and gave it a steel seat because it was what I wanted to do. Your ass goes numb on a rigid in 15 minutes, bare metal rusts. BIG FUCKING DEAL. I never put mirrors or mufflers on it. When I rode it every day it was a one kick bike, even with dual magnetos and a big cam. The ACT of riding it took nerve. The ritual of tuning and maintaining it was a just as much a part of the motorcycle as the pinstriping. I nearly died on it every time I rode it. I was good for 2 hours max, that's it. After I got off it I felt I cheated death and I could chew through solid rock. I built the very myth that made me love and respect choppers. An uncompromising hardcore chop is the machine that built your culture, don't hike your leg on it by mentioning "REASON".

As far as car wheels on bikes and anything that may seem "different" or "Unrideable"...instead of just saying you hate it, try challenging your mind to consider it. Imagine the terror a suicide rigid generates when you actually ride it hard. Could you do it? What kind of bike could you build if you didn't narrow your focus so much? Where would the experience lead you? Who would you meet, where would you go?

I can (and have) designed and built motorcycles that mainstream culture finds acceptable but I'll NEVER call them choppers. Thing is, I don't give a fuck if you like me or my "unrideable" bike. It's MINE. You won't ride it. You can't have it. It's pure, even if it ain't LEGAL and yeah...IT'S ART.

·
Registered
236 Posts
that bike just gave me eyeball cancer

call me boring, safe, snobbish, whatever....that thing is fucking retarded, and it hurts my feelings

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.