Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A picture from my subterainian lair... A year and a half into the project, not much compared to what most of what you guys do but my first forray into building anything. The girder is screwed I built it too short in my fabrication class, gonna have to try and find one to replace it cause I love the way it looks.

Primo

Heres a before shot in case you were wondering

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like short girders too. It's a friends first bike so what I'm probably gonna do is hoble it together with stock telescopics and get it running for a summer or two to let him actually get to ride a little then blow it apart one winter and do your second suggestion and finish the girder so we can get the look we want.

Primo

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Being the first bike I've built there are a bunch of mistakes I made that I'm going to have to go back and fix at a later date to get it looking like we imagined. Also
how much room is needed minimum between a tire and fender? Cranked all the way forward currently I have 1/2 inch.

Thanks,
Primo

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lilbill said:
(that's 1/2" to the nearest mounting bolt head, right ?)
Yup I sunk the heads so they would be flush on the underside. I don't think this little 650 will ever hit 150 so I think I'm okay then :)

Thanks,
Primo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts