Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This 1966 XLCH was painted in 1977, to be blasted and repainted, save the Bondo- We don't need no stinking Bondo- Shown here in 1981- 55 Inches- XLR Valves-
Sifton HH .475 Cams 'Little did I know at 21 Years Old when the Bike was Built that a 19T sprocket makes for a Wheelie Bike.......

Reincarnation Has Begun-Custom machined fork stem by JJ member 'Chevelle' - late model Fork with 11.5 Brake PM 4 piston caliper, 4 5/8 Flywheels will be going in as well as some 'Special Grease', Trock Door, Andrew's Gears and Shafts

Trans Boss Upgrade: By Mayne Price-Gasoline Alley, Paterson, NJ

More Stuff: unfinished XLR aluminum plates and fender rails:

1972 Restored S&S GBL Carb

Replated Bars - Early XLCH Speedo Holder- NOS Smiths Tach from Don Chasteen

Cases Getting Ready to Ship * Cases Sat Idle for 25 Long Ass Years!

Restoring a KR Tin Primary, sanding, beating into shape, will be painted Gloss Black..

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes, that Paint Job and Hiddious Bondo Job were done in 1977 by Myself, I have been wanting to build this bike for years,MANY years... it layed dormant while I had and ran other bikes, raised 2 kids, you know the rest.. Concentrating on the Motor then I will go bonkers on the Rest..Very excited about the rebuild, could use a Bucket full of Funds but Can't We All..
Will add forum member 'chevelle' machined the late to early fork stem as I am hell bent on good brakes and this Nightster Fork should do me well..
I will add as I go..
Monte

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump:
Always looking for Ironhead Finned Stroker Barrels,
Andrews early dry era C ratio Clutch Gear

'I know you have a set in that Basement So Stop Hoarding! '

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOW! That motor gives me wood. Curious, how long did it take to polish those cases? Looks like it'll be a beautiful hot rod when done.
Over 80 hours, most was done years ago by a Guy Named 'Night Train', I continued to clean them up after years of sitting, some weld work... I would never do this again, Bead Blasting works for me... Thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks fantastic so far Monte!
Is the matte grey glass bead or paint?
Chevelle, the Cam Cov looked like crap bead blasted so I took DEI Hi Temp Silver that drys Dull, then located Hi Temp VHT Satin Clear, by spaying it from a foot away it kinda fogged the paint, the result is what you see, the Theme of the Bike will be Black and Silver, more Black powder coating rather than Chrome, and as you are aware 'Chrome won't get you Home'.. hope all is well up there in MA

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.