Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bek and I here at the Whoopsy! magazine headuarters have been putting together a riding event for the central Texas area. This is going to be a hardcore riding event scheduled to go down July 15-16 so it won't be for the weak. We have made enough progress that I figured I'd go ahead and announce it here. So here is how it is going to go down:

We are going to ride an estimated 600 miles in two days. We'll start in downtown Austin on Saturday morning and wind our way west on back roads. There will be some easy gravel, low-water crossings, cool twisties, loose livestock and the occasional tractor. We plan 5 stops each day. At each stop you'll get a stamp or a poker card to prove you've been there. Lunch will be in Luckenbach on the first day then we'll backroad it up past Enchanted Rock and end up at the Dabbs Railroad Hotel (http://www.dabbshotel.com/) where we will camp along the Llano river and enjoy a cowboy cookout and a cowboy breakfast in the morning. Camping and food will be included in the entry fee but if you want a room in the hotel Gary is cutting us a deal on that. Make sure and get a reservation and let him know you are with the ride. He can house about 30 folks. Campers will have full access to hotel facilities.
Day two will hopefully get us back in Austin via a similarly challenging route to end up at the Jackalope on 6th Street where we'll have an ersatz awards banquet, get fed again, have some beers and maybe even watch a movie.
We plan on having a sag wagon running sweep with some tools and everybodies camping/extra gear and I'm also hoping to talk Jason into the use of his big ass trailer for gathering break-downs and being the drunk-taxi for bike and rider from Jackalope.
I am trying to keep the entry fee as low as possible, we just want to have fun, to cover the costs of all this. The Dabbs and Jackalope are both major sponsors and are being extremely generous and fair with what they need. But we need more sponsors. Sponsors can contribute anything they see fit and in exchange will recieve advertising space in our monthly magazine all the way up to July and the prestige of being associated with the badassest riders in the world. We need prizes, volunteers, participants, etc.
Now all of this is still being planned. We have scouted most of the route and ridden it several times and I can tell you that it is beautiful and fun and doable on any sort of bike. We want to keep the event open to anyone hardcore enough to do it, cafe racers, vintage bikes, choppers, bobbers, fredders, ralphers, dirt bikes, scooters, even crotch rockets. But if we do have to cull the herd modern and billet bikes will be the first to go (unless they're really cool ones). We still don't have all the details or sponsors hammered out or know what the entry fee is going to be yet but I am posting up here this far in advance to judge interest and rally any that might like to become involved. We plan to make this a twice a year event, one in July and one in November, and we will vary the routes and destinations each time. I hope some of you want to be involved.

Thank you and good day.

And if ya ain't skeered of my space join our group here..

http://groups.myspace.com/TexasChainlubeMassacre

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, 108 views and nary a heckle. You guys actually RIDE bikes (to the bar and back don't count) or do ya just build, polish and look at them? How 'bout some input. At least throw a 'mater at me. What, do I got a bean stuck in my teeth? Toilet paper on my shoe?

It's gonna be damn fun time, even if it just me and Bek. Hell, she's done it twice already on a XT225 dual-sport.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Crow said:
Wow, 108 views and nary a heckle. You guys actually RIDE bikes (to the bar and back don't count) or do ya just build, polish and look at them? How 'bout some input. At least throw a 'mater at me. What, do I got a bean stuck in my teeth? Toilet paper on my shoe?

It's gonna be damn fun time, even if it just me and Bek. Hell, she's done it twice already on a XT225 dual-sport.
Thats the tattoo convention weekend. I wont be in town, or else I would be a passenger on your bike.

-Jason

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Crow said:
I've talked to some buddies about doing your ride. I'll probably decide the week (or maybe day) before the run. If I come, I think it'll be on the FXR. Even if the Panhead is finished, it won't be much of a "gravel road/water crossing" type bike. I found out a long time ago that a rigid framed bike without a front fender doesn't like to get off of the pavement.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scorcher said:
Thats the tattoo convention weekend. I wont be in town, or else I would be a passenger on your bike.

-Jason
Hahahahaha, I see where yer priorities are, bitch.

The schedule is still somewhat liquid. If enough folks would rather go stare at skin art and stand around in the AC then I might move it to the weekend before or after. Besides I was gonna beg you for sag-wagon/trailer support. But I dunno if it's worth it. I'd rather ride any day.

LarryT, don't be skeered, it is all easy peasy stuff, I wanna see some manly chops go for it. It's mid-July so there ain't gonna be no water and te crossings are total cakewalks.

******, I know I can always depend on you fer a good heckle and an eye full of 'mater, thank you brother. Please do come on out. Ya'll SFC boys all got a place to stay before and after. There is gonna be a prize for the furthest traveled on a bike and a booby prize for the farthest traveled with a bike on a trailer.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Can we make this run a quarter mile at a time.........I prefer it that way the best,bars down, grip back,wheel up.......Ya know where I am comin from Brother Crow

Just think for 5 days now god has killed no puppies....you should be proud...

Got the rags great stuff man......................

Lets do one Flash race style like they do at Sturgis........I could be down for that ya owe me a rematch anyhow.......

Hell if I make it to Austin I am gonna wanna see Hippie Hollow at lake Travis......
And eat at favorite resturant at the side of the banks of the lake.....

Shoe

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Crow said:
LarryT, don't be skeered, it is all easy peasy stuff, I wanna see some manly chops go for it. It's mid-July so there ain't gonna be no water and te crossings are total cakewalks.
I'm an old country boy that was raised a ways off of the highway. I've done my share of water, mud and gravel in the face, just don't volunteer for it any more. The closest pavement here is out by the trees.
Anyway, sounds like good time. I'll see if I can gather up some folks to come and ride.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
HA HA HA HA HA. That was a serious drinking day.......

I launched Crows bike off my friends trailer ramp, they werent too impressed since they were having a family picknic.

-Jason

JEB said:
Crow's bike is very spacious, and finely appointed with the rich Corinthian leather!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good day indeed!!! I just left the keys in the bike and whoever wanted to could jump on and go for a ride. It was fun to see who'd be zipping by with it next. I think Reggie disappaered the longest.

LarryT, I really hope you can make it. Really the gravel sections will be short and simple, just a little spice slow down the squids. I don't wanna exclude anybody so my routes will be planned accordingly. It will be challenging and fun but not risky and painful. I just wanna bring a good cross-section of RIDERS together for a good fun weekend ride.

·
Registered
104 Posts
HELL YEA!!... ill ride my road king through that shit. even bring a schwinn for backup:D how much is the registration/ entry fee gonna be?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
roadrash05 said:
HELL YEA!!... ill ride my road king through that shit. even bring a schwinn for backup:D how much is the registration/ entry fee gonna be?
Still working all that out. Stay tuned here for that info. Trying to keep it as low as possible, it will just cover the expenses, not looking to profit in anyway except in friendship.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Scorcher said:

-Jason
Uh..dude, I've looked and looked and what the heck tattoo convention you talking about? I see one in JANUARY 13-15, and Live Fast in JUNE but this ride is going down JULY 15-16. I can still change this if there is truly an important conflict so let me know.

You ain't gettin' outta ridin' bitch that easy.

Oh here's a peak at our accomadations on the first night...

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
CROW!!!

You are so right. I didnt see July for some stupid reason!!!

I'll ride my bagger.

JULY 15-16th, 2006

-Jason

1 - 20 of 75 Posts