Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had another round of good luck come my way. I managed to trade my 1980 XS650 for a complete original 1964 Trumpy Trophy. Fella I traded for just wanted to ride, and my bike rode good, and he wanted to pass it on to someone who could give it some love. Plan is for a 4" drop 6" stretch bobber, sportster tank, drag bars.... aww hell, I'm kidding. I'm going to clean a few things up and run it. The motor was rebuilt in 1990 in San Francisco with only a few hundred miles, still has the same oil Dennis Magri put in. I'm stoke as I've never got the opportunity to own an original stocker.

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Nice find Vor!
It's easy to shorten the headlight ears 1.5" and then use a TR6c 6" headlight.
And Pacifica is a good place to find stuff. I got lucky there too with an old sports car.

· Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tools too! I dont know how complete they are.
The motor was rebuilt in 1990 by Magri, and very few miles on since. 6v + ground still, I assume I can just go through the chassis and do the regular motor maintenance and it should be a runner!

· Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It's officially been a year since I've got the '64. I've been working on it here and there and spending very little money, about $500. I went through the whole motor and carb, new seals and gaskets, reconditioned the clutch, upgraded to 12v + ground. I also added a C5 ignition. I have a tympanium and capacitor I'll be adding in.

First start! Now on to the chassis and hope to be riding this summer. And lay off the Twinkies and Chinese food.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.