Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm Ken, 18 years old, still in high school. I'm building my first bike now, a '76 Triumph TR7. It won't be a chop, mostly because I'd rather learn to ride with the "comforts" of a stock bike, but I'll certainly get to building one before long. This bike will be almost completely stock, mostly because of the cost and the lack of funds to pour into something during the school year.

I'm no stranger to chops, though, as I helped my Dad a few years ago while he was building his Triumph, pictured below.

I'm also no stranger to bringing old beasts back to life, as I'm finishing up with a restoration on a '73 Superbeetle.

Here's a few shots from the building of my admittedly tame project and of my dad's bike.

The Triumph as I got it:

As of two weeks ago:

Dad's bike:

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
welcome aboard. btw, in my other life i have a vw garage. might be able to help with your super b project. as a matter of fact i bought a new super beetle in 73.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Excellent news, young man, most kids your age just don't give a shit about anything. Thanks for keeping the flame lit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome, Its awsome to see younger guys doing something besides the norm. Are you gonna use that exhaust?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ahhh i got my start with cars from them damn vw's!!! I had over 18 of em oldest being a 53 drop top with semiphores!!!!!! Welcome aboard kid!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Busted Knuckles said:
Welcome, Its awsome to see younger guys doing something besides the norm. Are you gonna use that exhaust?
I'll be using it for now, at least. I want to get one the road as quickly as I can so I'm trying to reuse just about all I can now then refining it as I go along. The only new parts it'll have when it goes on the road are brake seals/pads/lines, some stainless hardware and a Tympanium.

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts