Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
been lurking for ages.
Started off as a kid with a model FLH genny.
from there went to 2nd hand book shops to get x rated easy rider, choppers (70s) and super cycle (tits) ...filthy kid!!

At 15 got a Haynes FLH manual. Left school lived a life of peasantry then scored a SHOVEL FLH , ripped it apart and built it the way I wanted, probably never sell it.

I havent been in a bike shop since the 90s ,all the real shops have gone and I dont like dealerships at all, theyre not slightly interested in shovels.
they sell $70 K bikes for chrissakes!

Swap meets rule!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks , its definitely a cool site and by the looks a healthy supply of knowledge about the good ol stuff .

Back in 97 I bought a panhead manual and havent caved yet , who knows , theres some nice lookin pans around. might do something stupit and start a project....

all the best

·
Registered
31 Posts
welcome! any pics of your bike??

a little OT,
what the going rate for a sporty down there? i may be going to NZ for a working holiday, would love to have something to ride.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does one drop a pic? I guess Ill figure it out...

You telling me theres work here?

My cousin got a 87 sport for $6k 4 inch over , nice . Maybe you could bring one down and flog it before you go.........you are GOING? ? :)

in fact if all yanks did that wed all be happy !

theres a site "trade me" its the ebay of NZ , check it out you might be able to wangle one before you get here ....jump on and ride.

starting to look like Im droppin hints

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Down here theyre not called dollars , theyre pesos....and you my friend may get a good deal for your dollar.
I know a lady whos in US right now and says you guys pay less for NZ food
how the hell that works I dont know , where I am gas is over $2 a litre , you guys still do gallons thats 4.55 L or am I thinkin canadians

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...nothin to see here......just fuggin round trying my luck at pics ...fingers crossed (thats how bad I is at computers)

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^^BEHOLD ..Im proud as hell .......My 1st pic , kids can do this shit , beats the hell out of me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts