Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good issue. Lots of mentions of the JJ crew, including spreads on Chopperdave's new ride, two layouts by Flyin' Dutchman including Max's 4Q, and a mention of Dice mag. It's the unofficial Jockey Journal issue. Congrats to all mentioned, glad to see the recognition.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
right on to the west coast for helping bring that rag back from the dead (from the last issue), hopefully they will make it east next time around...DICE plug was cool and right on target. AJ aka (the gimp)

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
copperbobber said:
I'll tell you what, I'm way more impressed with this month compared to last month. I think last months was the worst ever, maybe :D
you mean you didn't like the fake knuck on the cover and hammer's tirade on aerostich... i mean, who would have thought the coolest (imo) motorcycle catalog would be too cerebral or tongue-in-cheek for a guy that writes for a motorcycle mag.

look forward to checking out the july issue.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
236 Posts
You guys get yours early since you subscribe? Just curious. I have (I think) my risers coming out in an upcoming issue. Neway, I know the sales date is May 30, but like the last few months I found the issues in the gas station a few days early..

·
Registered
182 Posts
i love The Horse but if you get a subscription, you will NEVER receive your issues on time. maybe not at all. just look at THBC backtalk, they bitch about it constantly. glad to hear the next issue is headed back in the right direction. that "fucklehead" had no business in that mag, let alone on the cover!! what the hell did that bike have to do with James Dean??

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Eveldave said:
i love The Horse but if you get a subscription, you will NEVER receive your issues on time. maybe not at all. just look at THBC backtalk, they bitch about it constantly. glad to hear the next issue is headed back in the right direction. that "fucklehead" had no business in that mag, let alone on the cover!! what the hell did that bike have to do with James Dean??
It's the bike James Dean would have if he were alive today.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got mine yesterday, have been subscribed for a while, no problems yet.

garage magazine is another story. i sent them $$$ for back issues back in November and never received anything. no replies to several e-mails. sucks because I like the magazine but I'm out nearly 50 bucks with not even an e-mail reply. anyone here know those guys?

·
Registered
87 Posts
bustedlifter said:
It's the bike James Dean would have if he were alive today.
Gotta disagree with you there, bro. Was it a James Dean tribute bike? Certainly. Seems, to me to be too far of a leap to it being "what he'd ride today". Maybe I just can't get over the fake knuck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i'm assuming bustedlifter's response was tongue-in-cheek, since James Dean would be about 75 years old if he were alive. he'd more likely be riding a rascal scooter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It pisses me off that stores get the mag., before subcription holders.I started mine years ago because I got sick of trying to find it.Now its everwhere before I get it.
Just wanted to bitch,still the best rag out.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Have been a subscriber for some years now.They took my money but don't send any mags lately.Did get in contact with Matt.Said we gona fix that and also send missing issues.Nothing.Asked them again.Nothing.Fuck'em.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i've been a faithful THBC reader since issue #4 (i didn't know it existed before that). i ordered back-issues 1 through 3 when they were still available. paid for 'em, never got 'em. that tipped me off to NOT bother with a subscription. i've never heard of so many people getting jacked on a magazine sub. i still buy it at the news stand every month.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Boa, FUCK Garage mag.
Same deal....It's been a fucking YEAR.
I rolled to their 'suite'...uh, a shitty lo-budge PO box thing.
I have written 'em a million times...it's no the money..it's their shit attitude.
Like you don't have to deliver?
WTF?!!
FUCK GARAGE MAG....they sold recently to Jesse James anyway.
So, like the black neighbors said when they saw me move-in..."Oh shit, comes the neighborhood...."

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think if you are trying to evoke a bare-aluminum race car with your *theme-bike* it should maybe be bare aluminum and perhaps be more of a boardtrack (the next big thing) or bobber (start gagging now) style instead of a long chopper. But really, FAKE Knucklehead covers in the HORSE? WTF? I am glad this month's issue is better, even if I already saw most of the bikes in DicE or on Flying Dutchman's Bitchin' Shit! Maurice's photography is a definite step up for The Horse.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts