Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On August 5th through 7th, 550+ folks decended on the sleepy town of Usk, South Wales. Located near Hereford and the English border this has been the location of the aforementioned show since 2016.

The show offers live music, lots of bikes in all shapes and sizes and beautiful countryside to pooter about on.

Mine started off at a stumble per se - Bike was running terrible and sounded like it was starving for fuel - Got to the show to find my float was loosely floating around in the bowl - I rode 30+ miles like that so colour me impressed. The next issue - the needle valve that control the fuel flow, the top of tip that goes in to the 3 pronged float arm snapped.. Nobody except maybe 4 others had linkerts - my friend who runs the show happened to have a linkert 40+ miles away at home, his father kindly went and collected for me, to which in 35 degree heat I had to make everything float related fit. I managed to get it back together and working as good as new after many swears and many sweats.

I've attached a few pictures, if you're ever in the UK it's definitely worth coming to see.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle

Tire Sky Wheel Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Clothing Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank

Sky Cloud Ecoregion Natural environment Mountain

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
950 Posts
I was wasting time on YouTube today and saw your bike at the 101 show. Looked good but it is unfortunate that you did not get interviewed.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wasting time on YouTube today and saw your bike at the 101 show. Looked good but it is unfortunate that you did not get interviewed.
I was interviewed by a few others Hank, there's a few of my floating around - I had to be dragged up as I was asleep on a sofa with a VILE hangover. 101 was great, Dean from Dice and Horsey who run the event are good people. The hook up is about 5 miles from where I was born and raised (I'm a mountains not city person through and through). Bikes back to running perfect, who knew your float needed to be attached to the needle to work properly aye? haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts