Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here are the pics of my project i have been working on for the last four monthes or so. She just needs to be wired, and a chain. I am hating how hard she is for me to kick over. Maybe I should have gone starter on it...I think I may just do that. I also am not fond of the juice brakes...but hey I wanted to use all classic stuff for this.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
merg54 said:
Well here are the pics of my project i have been working on for the last four monthes or so. She just needs to be wired, and a chain. I am hating how hard she is for me to kick over. Maybe I should have gone starter on it...I think I may just do that. I also am not fond of the juice brakes...but hey I wanted to use all classic stuff for this.
wire that thing and ride it, electric starter? disc brakes? man stay with what you got
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AJH said:
wire that thing and ride it, electric starter? disc brakes? man stay with what you got
Ride it...would love to if I were not having to kick the fucker for an hour to get her to start...Yeah yeah...everyone else would kick her in three kicks...sure anyone mear by and want to be a hero...come on over and have a whack at it...Its like excaliber from the stone. Line up noble knights
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Neat looking bike. On your starting problem, it sounds like your timing might be 180 degrees off on the mag (since it starts occassionally). As others suggested in the other post, call Buck, he can help.

merg54 said:
Ride it...would love to if I were not having to kick the fucker for an hour to get her to start...Yeah yeah...everyone else would kick her in three kicks...sure anyone mear by and want to be a hero...come on over and have a whack at it...Its like excaliber from the stone. Line up noble knights
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Looks great! I like the clubman style bars on it!!

You should be able to tune it better than you've got it so that starting is easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
merg54 said:
Ride it...would love to if I were not having to kick the fucker for an hour to get her to start...Yeah yeah...everyone else would kick her in three kicks...sure anyone mear by and want to be a hero...come on over and have a whack at it...Its like excaliber from the stone. Line up noble knights
hey man the bike is tits and cream - once dialed in you should be fine
 

·
TI_Tuesday
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
It looks great dont change it! and you may be surprised how good that drum brake stops you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
man that bike is TOUGH. i dig the invaders. don't let the kicker discourage you. i spent 2 weeks!! kicking my bike when it was first finished. i promise it'll get easier. also, i run that same juice brake and it works great. if you ever venture to Austin i'd love to get a closer look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
merg54 said:
Well here are the pics of my project i have been working on for the last four monthes or so. She just needs to be wired, and a chain. I am hating how hard she is for me to kick over. Maybe I should have gone starter on it...I think I may just do that. I also am not fond of the juice brakes...but hey I wanted to use all classic stuff for this.
Dude I kick over a 92" pan and only weigh .180...sounds like your timing or cam choice...my stroker I am running 10:1 pistons in it with a "6" Grind Andrews Cam...needed more valve over lap...B grind would tear my leg off...try a different cam choice if it is to much compression...later Chaz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
merg54 said:
Well here are the pics of my project i have been working on for the last four monthes or so. She just needs to be wired, and a chain. I am hating how hard she is for me to kick over. Maybe I should have gone starter on it...I think I may just do that. I also am not fond of the juice brakes...but hey I wanted to use all classic stuff for this.
BTW nice looking scoot...I dig invaders they are timeless...later Chaz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
tom said:
It looks great dont change it! and you may be surprised how good that drum brake stops you.
your kiddin ,right..a rear drum might slow ya down but stop..after 20 years on a ridgid pan rear brake only its still scary!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Jock e shift - If it's scary after twenty years why not change it? Sounds like you've been lucky so far but when something happens it happens too quick to do anything about it. I found out the hard way. I hope your luck keeps up. -Strat
 

·
TI_Tuesday
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
JOCK E SHIFT said:
your kiddin ,right..a rear drum might slow ya down but stop..after 20 years on a ridgid pan rear brake only its still scary!!
not kidding. I got a juice drum only and it stops great. jockey shifting with no front brake will make you pucker every once in a while no matter what you got for a back brake. I also got a mechanical drum on an old pan that stops good too considering the pan is a bit heavier and the tires arent sticky metzelers like the other. on a bike that light if all the brake components are in good shape (drum, shoes, wheel cylinder, master cylinder) there should be no need for a disk out back. add a front brake and might save your ass in an emergency situation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
stratocaster said:
Jock e shift - If it's scary after twenty years why not change it? Sounds like you've been lucky so far but when something happens it happens too quick to do anything about it. I found out the hard way. I hope your luck keeps up. -Strat
yeah just lucky i guess,,but since this is what i ride.you learn to time the lights,up hill stops,etc,etc....in a emergency sitution though,,just hope for the best!!! ive only shit myself maybe twice,,there is no defense againt asshole drivers on cellphones though...and flat out if i was to change to disc it just wouldnt fly..57 pan,57frame,jockey shift,apes,open belt,springer,flamed metalflake paint....disc no way!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
I like it a lot, my kinda scoot, very nice indeed.

Enjoy it man, one life to live.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top