Jockey Journal Forum banner
321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
Well.... the green bike bad luck struck early. The tank was sitting on a bench while the clear was drying and somehow it fell off, knocking a big chip/dent into ass the end and fucking up a tank mount. this is the second time it mysteriously fell off of a bench.... I think it's cursed.
I ordered another tank, starting over....

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
Back to doing what I love... making parts for my bikes from junk. The 'Feeder needed a low profile gas cap. I couldn't find one sufficiently cobby (or cheap) so, while the tank is getting welded, I made one.

Cheezy Chinese made billet cap ($5 swap meet find)

After a soak in oven cleaner to de-anodize:

Sand, shape, polish.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Unfortunately, the last back surgery I had came with some bad news.... Rigids are out. Not too bad tho, since I've been itching to revisit her, this time, as a swinger. Stay tuned. 🙂

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 · (Edited)
A different take on the levers, never was fuzzy about the pointy ones. I had to make a new lever anyway due to an unfortunate pit bike incident*. Didn't find out until after I spent 2 hours shaping/polishing that the clutch lever does not fit the perch. Ordered a new perch that I'm going to have to bore out to 1" and clean up. The old lever/perch was a bit cheap and thin, the new stuff is a bit more substantial. Should hold up better to the Shovel clutch pull.

*Note to self: Don't ride pit bikes in the garage.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 · (Edited)
Whuh? I thought you were doomed to ride a swingarm. I am deeply confused.
Yup, BF2 will be a swinger. Still have lingering issues so rigids, for me, are a no-no.
Got all the parts gathered, now just to get the frame cleaned up and some missing tabs welded on. The Feeder had years of thought, planning, trial and error. BF2 had relatively zero planning, I got tired of seeing her sitting, gathering dust in the corner of my garage and decided to donate her innards to something I could ride. I'm hoping that the lack of planning isn't too obvious when it's assembled....I'm already having second thoughts about the front end..... and the tank.... and the fender... and the paint....
Haven't decided what to do with the nekkid Feeder, either sell it with all the parts that were made/modded to fit (Gas and oil tanks, fender, oil filter, rear wheel, and maybe the front end) or hold onto it for a future resurrection. I have 2 more builds that have been temporarily shelved until this one gets rolling so It's got to be quick. The old rigid frame will most likely sit nekkid for a long time if I don't sell it off. If it does get built into a bike again, it will most likely be for someone else's enjoyment.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts