Jockey Journal Forum banner
301 - 320 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
:D

I even got to ride it around a bit. The cops around here are pretty cool, as long as I stay in my neighborhood and keep the speeds down they won't tell me to park it. It still needs a bit of tweeking here and there but it runs and rides way better than I'd hoped.
Now to get it inspected and pull all of the mandated crap off!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
Cool, it sounds as good as it looks!
Thanks Cook!

hell yea!!! i take it your back is feeling better?
Getting better, foot's still a bit wonky but I live for this shit so I'm just going to have to work around it. Not sure how much I'll be able to ride, the few miles I did around the neighborhood weren't too bad. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet up with you on the road this summer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I like the bottom knob, it's clean and it's light.

Thumbs down to the doorknobs. Too gaudy for such a tight, clean Shovel and brass doesn't belong with the black/silver theme. They'd go fine with a different chopper though.

Clip-ons on a Harley suck to use, and truth be told they aren't even comfortable on cafe bikes.

Unless you hate your spine and like high steering effort I suggest avoiding them. The bars you have fit the style so if they pass your personal comfort test I'd keep them. I always give my back a vote because comfort makes a big difference in how much fun you have.

Looks tight and sweet. Excellent thread and thanks for posting.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
Yeh, the clip on phase has passed. I mocked up some short drag bars and, while they weren't as bad as my sport bikes, they were still too much of a reach.
If I do decide to jockey it, I'll use a plain, black knob. Anything else would be too flashy.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Bottom one. Others aren't at all Bottom Feedery. Did you make all these just to try out different angles?

Edit: Re-read, guess that's just a stock pic. Yes, black even better, didn't want to offend by saying even the embellishment on the bottom one seems too much.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 · (Edited)
Cheers Tony! And, thanks. I'd be lying if I said you didn't have a big influence on this. Your "slap on the back of the head" now and then has kept me in line when I let other's opinions start to lead me astray.
Now, you've got to get busy on her evil twin sister. ;)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
Bottom one. Others aren't at all Bottom Feedery. Did you make all these just to try out different angles?

Edit: Re-read, guess that's just a stock pic. Yes, black even better, didn't want to offend by saying even the embellishment on the bottom one seems too much.
Nah, I did't make them, they are from Prism. Nice stainless, not too flashy. Of course, I'll have to polish it a little. :eek: They are the closest to what I'm looking for but, who knows, I may just make my own. I just have to find the right ball, those I've found so far have been too big. I want the shifter to fade into the rest of the bike, too big or too flashy and it will stand out.
Don't worry about offending, you're input is as welcome as anyone elses here.:cool:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Nah, I did't make them, they are from Prism. Nice stainless, not too flashy. Of course, I'll have to polish it a little. :eek: They are the closest to what I'm looking for but, who knows, I may just make my own. I just have to find the right ball, those I've found so far have been too big. I want the shifter to fade into the rest of the bike, too big or too flashy and it will stand out.
Don't worry about offending, you're input is as welcome as anyone elses here.:cool:
There's a guy over your way that makes fantastic one off bakelite shifters. I had mine done by him for my Pan! may be a little loud for what you want, albeit my bike is totally black except the shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
There's a guy over your way that makes fantastic one off bakelite shifters. I had mine done by him for my Pan! may be a little loud for what you want, albeit my bike is totally black except the shifter.
There's an idea, a one off, designed by me for this bike. Something to ponder (agonize over). Can you pm me his info?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
Finally got around to replacing my wonky kicker gears and while I was knocking the dust off the tank I noticed a tiny bump in the tail where I welded in the tunnel patch. I little digging uncovered a tiny pinhole that needed soldered shut. I decided to re-spray the whole tank.... I made the mistake of letting my youngest pick the color.

301 - 320 of 333 Posts