Jockey Journal Forum banner
281 - 300 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
That sucks.

I'm not a physiotherapist, but working with the bike on the ground and holding stuff Gollum style can't be good for you.

Maybe you should invest in a lift - they're pretty cheap. And a bench.

Can't fucking wait to see the swinger if it's anything whatsoever like as cool as the Bottom Feeder. TBH I think the BF would look just as good with a swing arm.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Thanks for the support gents, means a lot, especially now.

That sucks.

I'm not a physiotherapist, but working with the bike on the ground and holding stuff Gollum style can't be good for you.

Maybe you should invest in a lift - they're pretty cheap. And a bench.

Can't fucking wait to see the swinger if it's anything whatsoever like as cool as the Bottom Feeder. TBH I think the BF would look just as good with a swing arm.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.... Probably not too bright. I've got a decent bench, it's just been a habit to sit or crouch and hold the part with my feet. I'd love to get a lift, but I don't have the room for it. :(
Originally, I had plans to build a rigid ironhead little sister to the 'Feeder along side the 'Feeder2 but that will have to be put on hold for now. I have a motor and frame ready just in case I decide to go forward with it. Tough decision... I really wanted to do an Ironhead next, but a swinger is looking better all the time.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 · (Edited)
update.

Time to get off my lazy butt and update. Finally got around to sanding/polishing the rusto'd tank. I'm stunned at how nice this stuff looks with a little bit of patience and elbow grease.

Sand with 1500 then 2000:

First polish. The line of dots is reflection of led lights my son strung across the ceiling.

Second polish. Remember the "patience" comment? After the first polish, there was a large spot of orange peel on the front of the tank that I missed first go-round. Got a bit impatient and sanded through the paint. Had to repaint about 1/3 of the tank, re-sand and re-polish.

Hopefully, I'll get it slapped on today and post some pics.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Like now it needs a couple pinstripes on the rear.
Aye, thought about having a big footprint pinstriped on the top of the tank. :D

I'm considering doing my tank black, so you'd recommend this stuff? Looks like it comes out nice!!!
I think it turned out amazing, almost too nice for the 'feeder. The key is many thin coats and make sure it cures fully before you muck with it. I'm not sure about the regular rustoleum but, I've heard that this engine enamel holds up real well to gas and is pretty tough, we'll see. I just like that it's cheap and I did it myself. Makes it perfect for this build.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The black looks great! After reading the thread on cc, then this one knowing it would be in more detail, I love this bike. The cat fish colours could have been amazing but the home job black suits the soul of it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
The black looks great! After reading the thread on cc, then this one knowing it would be in more detail, I love this bike. The cat fish colours could have been amazing but the home job black suits the soul of it.
I agree, I've seen a lot of colors that I really liked, the black engine enamel just fits.

It does look amazing man,

I'm considering doing it myself, especially if it stops gas eating it alive!!
I'm pretty anxious to see how well it holds up myself. If it works, I'll be painting all of the future feeders myself. I'll keep you posted.

White paint markers.... plus kids... equals awesome
Notice in the pics the tank is sitting on my kid's art table, I'm surprised they didn't pounce on it.

Hope your back is getting better
Thanks MB. Backs fine, just trying to figure out why my foot isn't cooperating.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree, I've seen a lot of colors that I really liked, the black engine enamel just fits.

I'm pretty anxious to see how well it holds up myself. If it works, I'll be painting all of the future feeders myself. I'll keep you posted.

Notice in the pics the tank is sitting on my kid's art table, I'm surprised they didn't pounce on it.

Thanks MB. Backs fine, just trying to figure out why my foot isn't cooperating.
I have a sawzall, let me know if that foot keeps bothering you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 · (Edited)
I have a sawzall, let me know if that foot keeps bothering you
Don't tempt me... I'm about to duct tape the whole thing stiff from the knee down.

Got her outside. Can't wait to get all the inspection shit off and cut the bars shorter. I can see this thing continuing to evolve.... the forks are starting to bother me.... maybe a narrow springer...... or girder...

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
That tube front end looks great. Leave it alone, I implore you.

What else comes off after inspection besides the turn signals?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
That tube front end looks great. Leave it alone, I implore you.

What else comes off after inspection besides the turn signals?
I'm still on the fence about the front end. It looks a whole lot better without the turn signals so I'll wait and see if it still bothers me when they're gone. Amazing how big a 39mm narrow glide looks on a small bike.
There is a whole second harness that will come off after inspection. It's harder to see in pics but in person it adds some clutter. The switch pod on the bars, the turn sigs, the horn, and the wiring will come off. When that stuff is gone I'll be able to cut the bars down some. Just like the forks, they look wide to me on the narrow bike. The exhaust will go also, I have another complete exhaust, one that's smaller, simpler, and more tucked away. I've always been a fan of shotgun exhausts, but on this bike it looks like a saddlebag.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Don't tempt me... I'm about to duct tape the whole thing stiff from the knee down.

Got her outside. Can't wait to get all the inspection shit off and cut the bars shorter. I can see this thing continuing to evolve.... the forks are starting to bother me.... maybe a narrow springer...... or girder...

There's something really David Mann about that last shot...I love the black. Devil was right, as usual. Now it looks MEAN!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 · (Edited)
There's something really David Mann about that last shot...I love the black. Devil was right, as usual. Now it looks MEAN!
Aye, the little fukr is still nagging at me.... keeps saying how badass it would be with clip-ons.

It looks competent. Nothing silly about it. A real fine job.
Amazes me how much different it looks with just a small change in paint.

281 - 300 of 333 Posts