Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That old chopper is an Ironhead, 1964 900 Sporty

Remeber my Ironhead question post? Well, I talked to Big Mark about his old chopper. He is going to get all the parts together for me to look at the bike!

I talked to him tonight and it IS an Ironhead. It is an ealry sixties 900 Sporty. Mark took it apart in the 70s with plans to build a Street Tracker outta it. It has a CHROME 14" over springer. No tank or rear fender, he sold that off in 1980 to feed his family during Christmas.

He is/was a good engine builder, he has all new parts ready to go back together. New rings bearings pistons etc.

He also has all the Street Tracker parts he was collecting. He mentioned what he had spent on parts and pieces, it sounds like a very reasonable price!

CrazyDave, I will prob give you a call in the next couple weeks to go look at the stash! we will take photos.

·
Registered
208 Posts
uhhhh

a early 60's 900 for sure IS an ironhead...

Tman said:
Remeber my Ironhead question post? Well, I talked to Big Mark about his old chopper. He is going to get all the parts together for me to look at the bike!

I talked to him tonight and it IS NOT an Ironhead. It is an ealry sixties 900 Sporty. Mark took it apart in the 70s with plans to build a Street Tracker outta it. It has a CHROME 14" over springer. No tank or rear fender, he sold that off in 1980 to feed his family during Christmas.

He is/was a good engine builder, he has all new parts ready to go back together. New rings bearings pistons etc.

He also has all the Street Tracker parts he was collecting. He mentioned what he had spent on parts and pieces, it sounds like a very reasonable price!

CrazyDave, I will prob give you a call in the next couple weeks to go look at the stash! we will take photos.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chopperdave said:
uhhhh

a early 60's 900 for sure IS an ironhead...
You know, I kinda thought that but mark called it a spade head. Shows what I know, I like being a beginner at something again. Learning is cool. Better chage that title!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts