Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. A little while ago I asked a question on here and promised to post some pics of the bike when it was done.

Well here it is. I acquired the frame many years ago and have been buying bits for it when time and money has allowed.

Its a 1939 model, first registered in fall 1938.

I dont have many "before" pictures but here are a few that show the start middle and end.

I have done a few hundred miles on it and I am still sorting out minor issues, mostly oil leaks, but it is just about there now.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Well, that turned out nice. Good job!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Man, that is such a nice classic bike with beautiful lines!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
+10 on that^ Your bike has beautiful lines, and looks like it got plenty of love to get to this point. Well done!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Dope. And I love that fact that after all the heart and soul you put into restoring it, you still ride it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
WOW, just freakin' WOW!

Did you chrome the entire tank and then just polish the appropriate bits? How did you control the polish/paint transition?

Magnificent lines and a magnificent build.:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dude. Speechless.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Glad to see one restored and preserved. Excellent job!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, thanks for the compliments guys, it has been a long project but it has been worthwhile.

Dope. And I love that fact that after all the heart and soul you put into restoring it, you still ride it.
What else would you do with it? I would hate to see it become a museum piece, old bikes and cars are meant to be on the road not in a glass case. In my opinion.

Did you chrome the entire tank and then just polish the appropriate bits? How did you control the polish/paint transition?
The tank was one of the (many) missing parts and at first I got an Indian reproduction but it was awful so I did not use it and I went and found an original one. The tank is chromed all over then masked and painted. The painted parts just need to be etched first. I would like to add that I am lucky enough to live close to a guy who is renowned for doing classic bike paint so he did the paint for me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts