Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rigid frame with an '82 Shovel.....it's titled as an '82 Shovel.

When I go to get my inspection sticker, what all will be checked? I'm mainly worried about blinkers - I have none :(

My buddy told me they just check headlight, running light, and break light - does that sound right?

Thank you, Ben

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
The main thing they check around here is high/low beam, taillight, brakelight and horn. If the bike has turn signals on it, they have to work. I think there was another thread about this, you might do a search.

·
Registered
144 Posts
yeah my understanding is if you have blinkers they have to work. If you don't have blinkers, don't worry about it.

ONe of the nice things about british bikes, No running light (up to 87 I believe)

·
Registered
182 Posts
i think there's a recent thread about this somewhere on here. don't worry about the blinkers. you don't need 'em. they will ask for a horn, though. and make sure your license plate is lit up. ride that thing over to the continental one of these nights so we can see it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Eveldave said:
i think there's a recent thread about this somewhere on here. don't worry about the blinkers. you don't need 'em. they will ask for a horn, though. and make sure your license plate is lit up. ride that thing over to the continental one of these nights so we can see it.
The law on the horn says "Audible at 50 feet" that is not very loud, I use a little chrome bicycle horn with one of the rubber squeeze bulbs.....have passed every time....

Ask around....there are places that are more "friendly" than others....

Although now I am registered antique!! No more inspections!!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
"audible at 50 feet" that's what the guy told me, too. i don't have a horn so he asked me to yell "BEEP" !! he told me that was good enough and gave me my sticker! i swear that's a true story but i can't guarantee that'll happen every time. registering as an antique is a great idea Big Al. i think i'm gonna try that this year. dave

·
Registered
825 Posts
Eveldave said:
"audible at 50 feet" that's what the guy told me, too. i don't have a horn so he asked me to yell "BEEP" !! he told me that was good enough and gave me my sticker! i swear that's a true story but i can't guarantee that'll happen every time. registering as an antique is a great idea Big Al. i think i'm gonna try that this year. dave
Antique is cool...the plates look OK on my bike, but you can use plates from the year of manufacture too....buy em at a swap...

The catch is this....you are only supposed to ride to/from shows parades, club functions, etc.

SO whenever I get pulled over, I am on my way to a club meeting!! They can call Ric and he says, "Yeah I am pres of the Outkasts Club and we are having a meeting ...."

The cost is about 1/10 of reg registration...

You can get cheap ins too!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts