Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well you did ask for honesty...
I'm on board with the frisco thing but did you cut out the whole tunnel and replace it or just weld over it? You ARE going to have to move the petcock fitting to the lowest point in the tank and while you're at it you should also move the filler to the highest point on the tank, if you don't you will have gas that is trapped below the petcock and therefore unusable also there will be a bit of empty space above the filler that you can't fill with gas because of your tanks new angle.
What you could have done was to cut out the bottom as I have done here

Replace the bottom with one that has a shallow tunnel adding to your tanks capacity.

The look will be a success but the execution is going to short change you on fuel capacity.

I too like to know how much fuel is in my tank at a glance but I am not a huge fan of the tube, I have been struggling with a way to solve this in a creative and functional way, haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Like sight tubes, but I keep imagining the rider sliding off, the sight tube getting ripped off, sparks igniting the gasoline, etc..... Go ahead, call me a wuss.

G

·
Like sight tubes, but I keep imagining the rider sliding off, the sight tube getting ripped off, sparks igniting the gasoline, etc..... Go ahead, call me a wuss.
OK......Your a Wuss......But....

..........Your going to Die an Old Wuss............
..........................;)...............................

========================================================

BTW......

Very nice Fab work ya did on that Tank....

========================================================

I too like to know how much fuel is in my tank at a glance but I am not a huge fan of the tube, I have been struggling with a way to solve this in a creative and functional way, haven't found it yet.
I came up with a way to do this....

Run on the main tank....When the motor spits and cough switch to reserve and hunt a Gas Station....

I have the same deal going on with my 55 IH Truck..
In the bed is a 30 ga. tank that has no Fuel gauge on it....It is the main tank that I will run dry then switch (Dash Mounted) over to the OG 15 ga. tank that does have a Dash mounted gauge....That way I can see when I am going to run out of gas...

Damn that 406 Small Block Chevy motor....Gas Eating M/F....
The 3.73 gears don't help much too. But I pull a 30' Fifth Wheel RV with a 16' Box Trailer behind it...
Comes in handy for Mount Eagle....

| Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3[/b][/size]

G

·
dragstews,
i see your buell decal.. we raced them a few years.. 1125 and xb

thanks for your feed back

tony
..............:cool:.............

Aaaaaa..... That photo is not my Buell....
In fact it's not a Buell at all....

Mohegan Sun Racing

http://www.dragracecentral.com/drcstory.asp?ID=89367

Helped out these boys in the pits...Snapped a few Photos of the S&S G-Square bike Chris was campaigning...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.