Jockey Journal Forum banner

Tech articles request.....what would ya like to see???

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  JOSE 
#1 ·
Some techs I would like to see...........

adapting front end techs (i.e. HD to Brit)
same with wheels, hubs, etc.
Wiring
frame modification

anything you would like to see? put it here!

#2 ·
You already covered my main four, Caffeine. Adapting hubs and front ends would rank at the top [what spokes and bearings you'd need in the swaps, etc.]. Aside from the HD to limey stuff I'd also like to know about adapting an early Sportster frontend to a big twin frame, and vice versa [not sure if it's a direct swap or if you'd need to get new bearings like with HD to Triumph].

I'm sure I'll think of more...

#6 ·
ALL tech articles are great of course....although one leaps to mind.
I've asked before AND taken the advice but on a Triumph 650 motor, how the HELL does the stator wire stay out of the primary chain and sproket?
Know what I mean?
It looks awful close in there.

#11 ·
There is a short length of metal pipe with a nut at the end that screws into the primary casing that leads outside of the motor. The stator wire goes into that tube, which is what keeps it out of the chain and sprocket.

Richie said:
I've asked before AND taken the advice but on a Triumph 650 motor, how the HELL does the stator wire stay out of the primary chain and sproket?
Know what I mean?

#12 ·
El Caballo said:
Did you rake the neck on the frame?
No this is my first bike and I actually wanted it a little lower than stock so I left the neck as is and shortened the forks about an inch. I'll have to figure out what its rake/trail is but I think it'll be ok because the girder stands further off the neck than telescopic tubes.

Primo

#13 ·
Richie said:
Know what I mean?
There should be a bracket on the outer wall of the cases that holds the wire out of primary harm.

Biggest Brit tech - DO A SWITCHOUT WITH A TYMPANIUM REPLACE AND CAP. AND REWIRE THE BITCHES. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.