Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So I just scored this tank off egay..looks "wasselish" to me.. It has the petcock bungs at the back of the tank, ahh hell I dont know, looked good and the price was right, so I grabbed it. Any ideas? The pic is from the ebay ad..

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't see a pic but did you get it for $46 and is it blue? If it is then I am upset with you.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
look in the tunnel. if it says made in england then imona say wassel but then again i could be wrong. If you dont find out just call it the peanut tank of mystery.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Irish Rich said:
Ok, it isn't a Wassel, it's one of the current offshore repops. Like the one's that Vtwin sells now. Actually, those tanks have thicker metal than the Wassel did, but the shape is a little "off" from the original.

It has 1/4" NPT bungs for the petcocks, yes?
Rich, Thanks man! Not sure of the bungs yet, havent gotten it yet. Its a repop huh? I got a good deal on it, so I can live with that, still looks cool I think. The shape is what was throwing me off..It just looked a little odd, a little squarish in comparison to the Wassel's Ive seen..
XCS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Polock Joe said:
I don't see a pic but did you get it for $46 and is it blue? If it is then I am upset with you.
Hey PJ, not sure why ya cant see the pic, but its black...so you can still be upset with me if you want to, but over something other than the tank:D
XCS

·
Registered
19 Posts
It looks too wide to me to be a wassel,i picked one up myself a while ago from a local bike breakers 'cause it looked cool and was cheap,and it was only recently that i have seen any others in magazine pics and found out that they even have a name,does anyone know where the tanks origanate from i.e what bike?,as far as i know here in England they were fitted to small and crappy 2-stroke scooters.

·
Registered
27 Posts
that looks like the exact same tank on my bike. its a lil different than wassels as i have both out in the garage. i bought mine from an old man at a swapmeet and he told me it was a superior from the 70's, made it japan(it had a mij sticker on it). its not a wassel 'cause the cap is a modern style twist on as opposed to an early triumph style. oh yeah, if it fits REALLL snug over the frame its the same one i got.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looser said:
that looks like the exact same tank on my bike. its a lil different than wassels as i have both out in the garage. i bought mine from an old man at a swapmeet and he told me it was a superior from the 70's, made it japan(it had a mij sticker on it). its not a wassel 'cause the cap is a modern style twist on as opposed to an early triumph style. oh yeah, if it fits REALLL snug over the frame its the same one i got.
Wel I guess Im relocating a few things then if its that tight..No biggie though..thanks for the heads up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts