Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty I've done the search feature and can't find the old post soo....
I'm looking for a good/safe tank cleaner.

(inside) my new/old tank had some white epoxy/ceramic looking stuff on the inside and I got most of it out with nuts, bolts, washers and shaking the piss out of it but I can still see some stubborn shit left in there. I heard the POR-15 stuff is good but looking to find something I don't have to order; local store, off the shelf stuff would be best. going back to work on it some more.

mitch

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
take it to a radiator shop and get it boiled out. try to find one that does gas tanks too and they can reseal it for you. i was busting my ass and dropping big bux on strippers, sandblasting and sealers and was only having about a 60% success rate with my tanks. found a local rad shop that will boil any tank and epoxy line it for $30 a pop. i'm now a believer.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
I did mine this weekend using POR 15. The entire sealer kit was less than $40 including shipping. Just a thought 'cause ordering was easy and you don't have to buy via the Internet. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i was thinkin' about trying the cleaner/sealer kit from east wood. it's about 33 clams. has anyone tried this product?

i've been gettin' tools and supplies from eastwood for years for my car projects. they have prolly the best selection for metalworking tools. the newest catalog has motorcycle specific tools. if ya havent checked 'em out before ya aughtta do it now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts