Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Craven Moorhead said:
Just a quick mock photo update for those who asked. Starting to move in the right direction still a lot of work and parts needed.
We need bigger photos. Untill then, i cant be a 1000% sure its badass (only 999%).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tbone16 said:
We need bigger photos. Untill then, i cant be a 1000% sure its badass (only 999%).
I suck at this photo editing thing, sorry about that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Your bike is looking bad ass craven you are definitely going in the right direction man. Looking forward to seeing more progress pics in the further. JEFF

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The same could be said for British wassel tanks on HD's.Does this mean his bike will never make it in your mag?????Sometimes you do things out of necessaity others times its just plain because you like the way it looks.The sporty tank is a timeless look.Small compact and bare bones and they are a dime a dozen and picked up for cheap.Some people cant just get out their english wheel and planishing hammer and whip out a one off tank.By the way have you seen the price that original trump tanks are bringing.I can buy 4 or 5 sporty tanks for what one of those bring and spend the money on other things.Live and let live.......

IMHO it does not matter what any of us think Craven you have a look that you want to achieve rock out with your cock out and go for it......
Looks good man keep on keepin on.If you like the tank thats all that matters.......

Shoe

Englishman said:
-----> Insert usual rant about using Harley® Davidson® sheetmetal on a Triumph<------

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I went with the deep king sporty as it seemed to fill the back bone better than the Wassel it also sat higher than the deep tunnel on the wassel. I was trying to find a Triumph tank to look at also but Shoe hit it on the head those things are getting expensive. As some of you are aware this is my first bike build, I have been inspired by what I see here. I have a ton of work left to do and still need a lot of parts but I at least now have a direction and have started to move down that path. Someone asked what style I was trying to capture the funny thing is the bike has dictated more of the direction due to the long skinny frame than my deciding on a particular style. My goal was a low cost bike that I built, the bike started as a $800 basket off this board and most of the parts have been traded or purchased off this boad. As it sits I have $1750 in it and it is hard to resist spending money on it with expesive parts but I hope to complete it for under 4K.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Nobody listens to me anyway :)

Yeah, everyone can have whatever they want on any bike they want, it's a free country. Use what you have laying around. I wouldn't presume to say what someone should or should not do with their own bike.

Just a personal thing, up there with using FatBob® tanks or fenders on a Britbike also. They have a class of their own and HD® parts always look either out of place on a Britbike, or make it look like the owner would rather have a Harley®. This is my own personal fucked up opinion, I get shit for saying it every time, but hey, it's a free country :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just a personal thing, up there with using FatBob® tanks or fenders on a Britbike also. They have a class of their own and HD® parts always look either out of place on a Britbike, or make it look like the owner would rather have a Harley®.

Gotta agree on the fatbob thing. A personal peeve of mine is seeing hardbags on the back end. Such a lean bike, putting the big tin on looks like ass. As far as the sportster tanks, not my choice, but it looks good to me on some (like the one above). I'm using a dented up original triumph tank. It came with the bike and a lot of bondo on it. After cleaning up some of it, and realizing I would have to be a metal master to fix it right, I started looking for a "good" original tank. Then I relized I can't afford it. If only someone was repoping them like many HD tanks out there.

Bike looks great. Keep it up.
Erron

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
That couldnt have been said any better.

TRIUMPH TERROR said:
The same could be said for British wassel tanks on HD's.Does this mean his bike will never make it in your mag?????Sometimes you do things out of necessaity others times its just plain because you like the way it looks.The sporty tank is a timeless look.Small compact and bare bones and they are a dime a dozen and picked up for cheap.Some people cant just get out their english wheel and planishing hammer and whip out a one off tank.By the way have you seen the price that original trump tanks are bringing.I can buy 4 or 5 sporty tanks for what one of those bring and spend the money on other things.Live and let live.......

IMHO it does not matter what any of us think Craven you have a look that you want to achieve rock out with your cock out and go for it......
Looks good man keep on keepin on.If you like the tank thats all that matters.......

Shoe

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Luke Nosewalker said:
Craven can you post more pics from different angles Im really liking what I see.
I'll email you what I have they are larger that way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts