Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 T120R w/ stock front brake. Would like to install TLS from a 68. I have several TLS hubs and brakes and noticed that in 69 they used a smaller hub The 68 brake I have fits my 67 hub. Anybody see any problems?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the brakes are interchangable, just put the TLS brake plate right into your hub. the only difference it the brake stay tab on the 66/67 fork slider got a little bigger in 68 thru 70 but it all works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys
My 67 brake is 8". My 68 brake is 8"
but I'm wondering why they would change to a 7" brake in 69. Seems like more surface area would be better.???
My reason for the change is that I live on St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands and we are nothing but steep roads and I'll need all the brakes I can get.
I bought an old rusty (salt air) T120 R and am building myself a little hot rod. bobber type.
One thing though, we drive on the left down here so I get to shift on the right and drive on the left.
Thanks again

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
1968 650 models - 8" TLS with cable slot at bottom - cable exits rear of plate

1969 650 models - 8" TLS with cable slot at top parallel to the fork stop slot

1970 650 models - 8" TLS with cable slot at top parallel to the fork stop slot

1969 -1972 500 models except Daytona - 7" TLS with cable slot at top parallel to the fork stop slot - Includes T90 (350cc)

1969 -1974 Daytona 500's - 8" TLS with cable slot at top parallel to the fork stop slot

1969-1970 250 single models - 7" TLS with cable slot at top parallel to the fork stop slot

Hope that makes it a bit more clear for you. Bottom line is if it was a 650 it came with an 8" front brake. :cool:

Well, I'm still confused.I have a 68 tls brake 8' (rear cable) and 2 other tls brakes 7' top cable , unknown years. Maybe those 2 are from a 500?
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.