Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok heres the deal i bought a t100r motor for my bobber project, i was under the impression that it was in need of a total rebuild, but i cracked the head off today and looked at the fresh pistons sitting in the still crosshatched jugs, but my question is, the pistons are marked +.060 what would that bring my cc's to? if anybody knows?

·
Registered
59 Posts
ambivolent said:
the pistons are marked +.060 what would that bring my cc's to? if anybody knows?
still 500cc. I think they were actually 498cc from the factory so the +.060 per side gets you closer to true 500cc

i am always wrong about the simple shit so dont take my word for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i was just wondering, im gonna take my motor to a guy and have it balanced and blueprinted, the works you know, i want to have a stout little 500 if ya know what i mean!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i did some more research, and i have found out i have the same bore as a 650 +.030 so im gonna have to do a cc test to see what the true displacement is, it also has High Compression pistons, took jugs off to inspect crank, its fresh, i got this motor from a guy that diddnt know the history of the motor, he thought it would need a complete rebuild, i believe the guy he got it from started rebuilding it and just gave up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.