Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the T100C has a single carb. Is that correct? I picked up a T100C motor and the head which came along with the motor has duel carbs like a T100R. Will it fit? What happens next? From the reading I've encountered, it seems the fitment between the T100R and T100C is external, like high or low pipes. Is there more than esthetics between them?

·
Registered
706 Posts
The head will fit. Not much more than esthetics between them. Nice bikes.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
You will need to acquire the single carb manifold. Just be sure you get the correct manifold for your head as there are early and late model manifolds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will need to acquire the single carb manifold. Just be sure you get the correct manifold for your head as there are early and late model manifolds.
I'm curious. A single manifold will make it easier, but is it necessary? I'm not understanding something here. Will the T100C not accept duel Amals?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Relax, you're over thinking this....the answer is yes the T100C will work just fine with the dual carbs and head...if that's what you have, just use it and don't look back.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I read your post as you wanted to keep it a single carb. Yes, if you have the manifolds (1 each) for the two AMAL's you have and you want to run two carbs then you're good to go.

I'm curious. A single manifold will make it easier, but is it necessary? I'm not understanding something here. Will the T100C not accept duel Amals?

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you are going to run a single carb on a T100R bottom end or vice versa you will need to make sure the camshaft timing is set for that particular set up.
If this old brain remebers right, the T100R cam timing is set up to the dash mark on the cam gear and the T100C is set to the dot mark.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help. I think I will keep my eye out for a single manifold, but knowing I can go either direction is a plus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts