Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i started stripping the frame right back and getting all the bog off it and have found a few hidden dents ect, so took some photos of the frame and hard tail to get some advice on whether to run or not. This bike will not be a daily rider, but still not sure. was als looking at getting it all re-welded.

the dents are on the front down tubes. looks like it was ridden into a gutter. there not cracked but dents.

The bike is going to be a fairly ruff bike, so cosmetically i dont care, but i dont want it snapping on me either.

Also, hows that hard tail look to everyone?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the engine is a structural bridge across those dents, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony! thats what i wanted to hear. hows that hard tail look to you? Im going to get a Bird loop tail eventually but going to just run this for now.

Also, Im getting the frame blasted this week, just wondering on the baring housing on the neck and if it should be covered/protected or is it all good?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the hard tail is kinda homely and rough,
but some of the best women I've ever ridden were also.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
just wondering on the baring housing on the neck and if it should be covered/protected or is it all good?

I used 2 lg. dia. fender washers with a length of allthread to protect inside the neck, I think I also used it when I powdered coated it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the bearing races should never be powder coated, any good powder coating company should know better and mask them off.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
the bearing races should never be powder coated, any good powder coating company should know better and mask them off.
Your right Tony, I also had the powder coat company sand blast the frame,and wanted more protection for the races during the sand blasting.Just being over protective I guess.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The downtubes were damaged by a set of highway pegs in the distant past. The rest looks fine and all looks like a very useable piece of kit.

Build it and run it as is!!

Cosmo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts