Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a triumph today, the owner had a whole stack of papers on it. He had owned it for 22 years and hadnt changed its appearence anything. The oldest paper was from 1980 and it was a chopper already then.

The bike got title with all changes noted in them. Oldschool discs front and rear, 15" car tyre in the rear, 2.75-18 in front. Molded gas and oiltank. Morgo 750, Joe Hunt with see though lid and some other upgrades, receips on everything!

Ill post some more info and pics when I have brought it home

·
Registered
243 Posts
That seat will MAKE the bike:) And what's wrong with hangingout-blue-gaskets- looks like something I'd run lol.

·
4,033 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Good Catch Bob! Having grown up in the old world I can appreciate that the bike comes with good paperwork ready to be licensed again.
I look forward to seeing that seat with a Viking Goddess perched against the backrest...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I like girders so the fork will stay for now. I have a set of chromed original trees though... I think the fender also is molded and the fender will stay.

Seat will change, thought I would show you some pics of the seat being built. Originally built it for my XS-chopper I rode last summer/fall.

Dropped it off to a lady who restores old furniture, she had never upholstered a seat before.

Think it will turn out really nice! Need ideas about the exhaust though, I really dont like 2-1...

·
Registered
8,512 Posts
Oh nice.

Twin fishtails upswept. One on each side, chrome.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts