Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

going to black out re-route exahust, need bigger radiators anyone got suggestions, gets hot in August likes to heat up in NYC stop and go conditions- thanks AJ

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I'd have to have it in my shop to give advise on it.

But I'd love to have that bike!!!!

I could ride with Crow on the back roads.......

-Jason

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scorcher said:
I'd have to have it in my shop to give advise on it.

But I'd love to have that bike!!!!

I could ride with Crow on the back roads.......

-Jason
oh it's a mean spirited 625 thumper that is for sure - got some lumps to prove it - I know we got some KTM people here maybe they can advise on the LC4's over heating issue - I was hoping to just swap into large volume radiators - hard to drive that bike without want'n to red line...mybe that is my problem, me and the bike are just mean to eachother-

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can't see the pics but I have a 625 SMC and haven't had any problems with overheating but hell my throttle is usually pinned to the stop and it is so thin you can lane split anywhere. Fun as shit.

Sean.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scorcher said:
Blue huh?? Maybe it needs the green stuff?

Does it have a fan?

-Jason
engine Ice (blue stuff), and no fan - some say a small fan would do the trick but would rather have one less electrical object than one more - hoping larger capacity set of radiatiors to be the solution-

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
AJH said:
engine Ice (blue stuff), and no fan - some say a small fan would do the trick but would rather have one less electrical object than one more - hoping larger capacity set of radiatiors to be the solution-
I agree. A faster solution and probably and easier one is a fan. Do they have batteries??

I am totally into these bikes and would love to have one someday.

-Jason

·
Registered
485 Posts
Tbone, Sexy is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that bike too:D

I would love to have one as well. But I don't think I need a 625 monster, a 450 would do me fine.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Anthem said:
Tbone, Sexy is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that bike too:D

I would love to have one as well. But I don't think I need a 625 monster, a 450 would do me fine.
I dig the 450 supermotos, just seems small enough you can have your way with em, and the new aprillias make nuts hps at around that bore.

·
Banned
648 Posts
I have serious envy for these bikes. I used to commute on a DR350, and loved the tall riding position for looking over traffic, the ability to hop curbs at will and MX-quality brakes, even the crappy power was OK for what it was. Once my trump project is done enough (it'll never really be done) I plan on adding a motard bike to the stable for a lane splitter even if it means going in hock to get it. Just looks like too much fun.

I tend to agree with the smaller size. I've ridden plenty of CRF450's off road and there is plenty of power. Never really had one with a speedo or anything, wonder if the 450 has enough on the top end? Anyone have experience with one on the road? I've been eyeing up the Suzuki DRZ400SM at my local shop, but haven't done any serious research other than just drooling. I'd hate to get the thing and feel spun out at 60mph and wish I had popped for the bigger KTM.

-Bill

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tbone16 said:
I dig the 450 supermotos, just seems small enough you can have your way with em, and the new aprillias make nuts hps at around that bore.
the 625 is good for 105 mph stock- going to see if I can get modest gains without too much intrusion-AJ

·
Registered
135 Posts
Love these bikes!!! I would like to have one to strafe my way to work.

Lets see some stuff from the U.K. I always see cool supermoto stuff when I'm over there.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts