Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ridden a Supermoto bike? I took a KTM out for a test ride last night and probably had the most fun I've had on a bike since riding my YZ80 as a kid.

Fun.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Tony Bones said:
Anyone here ridden a Supermoto bike? I took a KTM out for a test ride last night and probably had the most fun I've had on a bike since riding my YZ80 as a kid.

Fun.
Ride one every day. XR650 street tard. And yes, it is the most fun ya can have on two wheels.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I rode one of the KTMs a couple of years ago and I agree, they are major fun.

Hank

·
Registered
726 Posts
Tony Bones said:
That scares me. I can see a broken leg or extended hospital stay in my future if I was to ever rip up the block on that thing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Polock Joe said:
That scares me. I can see a broken leg or extended hospital stay in my future if I was to ever rip up the block on that thing.
Riding the streets/fwys of LA/LBC everyday is dangerous cause someone may kill you....riding a dirt bike is dangerous cause you may kill yourself!!

I'm trying to fight the dirtbike/enduro itch (and failing)....old ones are cool too...plus you can tell the jerkoffs at the bar that ya got an old harley or an indian, and then pull up on some 70s 125cc.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I post this all over the place cuz it's so damn cool. It ain't mine but I wish it were, my daily is a 2005 version....

Mine

I haven't popped fer 17s yet, don't need em really, those street tires make it a tailsliding corner carving monster, squids beware!

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joey said:
Back in the day we used to just call them enduros.
No, there's a difference. An enduro has on/off road thin tires. Super Moto bikes use Sport Bike wheels, tires, brakes, forks and shocks.

Apples and oranges.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tony Bones said:
No, there's a difference. An enduro has on/off road thin tires. Super Moto bikes use Sport Bike wheels, tires, brakes, forks and shocks.

Apples and oranges.
Ah, I see. Well the pics posted still have the stock suspension on. Looks like they just changed the wheels. I thouhgt you all were saying enduros were some sort of new crazy fun. We used to think enduros sucked when I was growing up. They were half assed dirt bikes and half assed street bikes.

I just looked up supermoto bikes. They look cool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Joey said:

I just looked up supermoto bikes. They look cool.
i have a 97 kx 500 i am converting to Supermoto as time allows. Its a cool thing to re-cycle this bike, as it has too much power and handles too weird for a modern mx track, so it is no longer fun for its original intended purpose. There are racing clubs sprouting all over at go kart tracks and places like that

·
Registered
2 Posts
SM is a great sport, i hope it catches on more in the US...i did a supermoto track day on a yz426 and it was a blast...also have a ktm duke II that cant be beat for pure mayhem and hooliganism in the streets. if you get a chance to ride a sm bike take it! but you may not be able to keep the front wheel on the ground or stop laughing long enough to breathe

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.