Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of running this carb on my shovel,never seen a b with a superbowl before.Anyone here ever run one of these on a shovel,any advice would be great.Not looking for any performance gains i just think it is a cool looking carb.All i have ever heard about b's are they work well on shovels but cold starts are a bitch.But seeing as this has a super bowl do they really work well or not?Thanks

·
6,351 Posts
All i have ever heard about b's are they work well on shovels but cold starts are a bitch.But seeing as this has a super bowl do they really work well or not?Thanks
I have two shovels, each with a B. FX will start in 2 kicks, stroker in 3.

I think 295 and 68-70 on the main.

No superbowls, pumps, squirters or other male enhancements

·
Registered
918 Posts
I ran one for a long time on your typical 96". I liked it. Have another on the shelf for the right project. If the hole isn't drilled properly in the carb and or a very good fit on the accelerator pump tube, you are going to have problems. And as I recall the pump is either not adjustable or it might have a couple of holes in the rod to move the roll pin up and down, regardless there's not much adjustability in it, so if its giving you too big a shot then it might be more trouble than its worth. It uses bendix pump parts basically

It is crude but it will give you a shot of fuel whenever you twist the throttle

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I too vote for skipping the accel-o-bowl modification.

No adjustments possible other than modifying the rod length (on the ones I own anyway). More likely to give you tuning problems rather than help anything.

Everyone constantly talks about how dead a carb with no accel pump is. Ridiculous. I rode two B-equipped bikes around NYC traffic for over ten years. Tuned right, they get up and move just like any other bike.

Anyone with any riding skill will tell you there is never a need to jerk the throttle.

Jason

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The carb i just bought has the superbowl already on it,i was just wanting to hear of any good or bad news on how it works.Again not looking for performance,just reliability.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i wanted one sooo bad in 1990 i borrowed one and cast a copy for my shovel it worked ok but dont think its necessary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts