Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm LittleChris From Milwaukee. I am on the HAMB and Ford Barn as well. I bought a neat little 58xl this past spring and its time to make it my own and I have come to the Jocky Journal for inspiration and motivation to make my bike more rad. Here is a picture of it when I got it..

·
Registered
38 Posts
awesome bike, hell of a start. I recognize it from some facebook photos in seen.
i'm a bmx buddy of Alex Jannke from up in Oshkosh.
got an old sportster myself. hopefully see you out on the road or at the skatepark!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome, IMHO, put a year correct front end on and ride it. Study the old Time HA pics before you change it too hard. Thats a cool ass bike man. Have fun.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I wouldn't change the front end on it. That late model front end will ride smoother, handle better, and stop right now. Why change it??

Welcome to the board, from an ex-cheezehead.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wouldn't change the front end on it. That late model front end will ride smoother, handle better, and stop right now. Why change it??

Welcome to the board, from an ex-cheezehead.
All valid points, disc brakes work very well especially compared to antiquated drum brakes. That being said, this place seems to be a bit more about tradition over more modern function as a whole. Keep the disc front end and swap out when you're feeling saucy. Again, cool bike man, and it's yours, do with it what you will. Just seems like a lot of cool old builds get hacked apart to fit the latest fashion. Again, your bike, have at it, and have fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I put lower pull-backs on it so far. Im interested in a stock front end, but I can only afford to do little stuff right now.. I took the front brakes off and shaved the fork legs to start, and I'm just working on simplifying the bike in general. I plan to rid the bike of it's battery and get the magneto back up and running over winter, change the exhaust, and put a shorter intake on it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts