Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I've posted this before, but still one of my favorite Triumphs of all time. July 72
Same model selling valves this time. Aug 72

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Larry, don't want to hi-jack your thread, but that trump you posted always reminds me at this bike...The owner/builder Mike Vils (?) a painter, was from Long Beach and the article says that he started that bike around '67, when the looong front ends and skyhigh sissybars were popular, but he went for a shorter front end and no sissybar as one of the first..he won 22 first places at shows with this scooter, it was for sale at that time for $ 2,500 ! They also said, "no bondo on this bike" !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RidingHood,
The article says the bike is owned by Dave Harney of Long Beach. Gas tank was sctatch built by Ron Olsen. Paint is by Richard Grave.

Danny F.
Don't worry about hi-jacking one of these threads. The reason I post these is to try and get some discussion about the style or lack of style of the bikes. The more folks add to it the better.
I've got to agree that these bikes are a lot alike and since they are both from Long Beach and were built around the same time, they've got to be connected some way.

Looking thru the article, it looks like the bike was pieced together by a 20 year old owner/builder. Bike is a 59 model,front end is 10" extended 37 BSA, tranny is a 48 model.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
It's always neat to see the girls in these scans and the old mag.'s. Maybe they were trashy biker chicks or maybe they were just models collecting a pay check, but either way, they were a little more real than what I see in magazines these days. And I don't mean "no fake boobs" real, I mean good looking girl you might see at the beach real...minus the go-go boots, of course.

Thanks for posting Larry T.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts